IGNORED

What XE light gun games can run on atari8bit computers with stock 64kb?

RockLobster

@bfollowellThere are light gun games not on cartridge that might fit within that 64K non-bankswitched range. I think I might have compiled a list at one point when doing one of our reviews around a light gun game. Now, I don't think this is probably what you're looking for but at this point it seems like you're only alternative to play this particular games is to get a cartridge based solution BUT maybe it's just to play some light gun games or test out your gun. Another option is to burn an EPROM. I doubt you have a burner but might get someone to burn it for you. I'm pretty sure someone has made cartridge blanks. With a bit of soldering you could make your own cartridge. This would probably be cheaper, cost-wise, than getting a cartridge based solution but I think the effort isn't worth your time. 

5 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

@bfollowellThere are light gun games not on cartridge that might fit within that 64K non-bankswitched range. I think I might have compiled a list at one point when doing one of our reviews around a light gun game. Now, I don't think this is probably what you're looking for but at this point it seems like you're only alternative to play this particular games is to get a cartridge based solution BUT maybe it's just to play some light gun games or test out your gun. Another option is to burn an EPROM. I doubt you have a burner but might get someone to burn it for you. I'm pretty sure someone has made cartridge blanks. With a bit of soldering you could make your own cartridge. This would probably be cheaper, cost-wise, than getting a cartridge based solution but I think the effort isn't worth your time. 

You highlighted the wrong person. I'm not the original poster and I wasn't looking for any games. I think you should have brought  this to the attention of @RockLobster.

It's easy: The ML fileversions of the four XE lightgun carts. (Bug Hunt, Crossbow, Barnyard Blaster, Crime Buster) are the only ones that do require more than 64k RAM. All other files (XEX) and disks (ATR) for the lightgun work fine with just 64k RAM. And the carts themselves also work fine with just 64k RAM.

https://a8.fandal.cz/search.php?search=light+gun&butt_details_x=x

https://atari.panprase.cz/?action=lg-hry

8 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

Whoops. @RockLobster

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 2

On 1/4/2023 at 3:33 PM, CharlieChaplin said:

It's easy: The ML fileversions of the four XE lightgun carts. (Bug Hunt, Crossbow, Barnyard Blaster, Crime Buster) are the only ones that do require more than 64k RAM. All other files (XEX) and disks (ATR) for the lightgun work fine with just 64k RAM. And the carts themselves also work fine with just 64k RAM.

https://a8.fandal.cz/search.php?search=light+gun&butt_details_x=x

https://atari.panprase.cz/?action=lg-hry

Succinct!   thank you