IGNORED

GOSUB for the Intellivision: Digital ROM version is now free!

timdu

Attached at the bottom of this post is the ZIP file for the release of GOSUB for the Intellivision.

Back in 2016, Rev and I co-published this game, complete in box, and it first appeared at the PRGE show in October 2016.

300 cartridges were made and they never all sold.

Rev has the last remaining physical game cartridges, complete in box, and they are available for sale on his site:

https://intellivisionrevolution.square.site/shop/HomebrewGames/7

This is the LAST CALL for physical copies of GOSUB. Once these sell, no more will be made!

You can download the game and try it out on your LTO FLASH or jzINTV emulator. ZIP file is below.

Once all the physical games are sold and expenses are recovered, Rev and I have agreed to donate a certain amount of funds to a cause that is, in a way, linked to this game:

an Octopus aquaculture research facility in Hawaii... ( Seriously, I am not kidding... )  This is not a gag. here is the web site:

https://www.kanaloaoctopus.com/

The organization accepts donations. You will see a DONATE button on the left hand side.

It is not a requirement, but if you download GOSUB for the Intellivision, would you please consider making a donation ( whatever you wish... an amount as even as low as $1 ) to the Kanaloa Octopus research facility? 

The exact donation web page is: https://donorbox.org/covid-19-70

Again, a donation is not required... 

But just think about all the happy octopus / cephalopods that you will be helping and providing funds for food and sea water, etc.

If you want to learn more, Read the FAQ on their web site at: https://www.kanaloaoctopus.com/blank-2

ENJOY THE GAME!

At a future date and time, Rev and I will provide an update with the status of the C.I.B. sales and the amount that we donated to the research center.

-Tim D.

gosub.zip

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11

10 hours ago, DZ-Jay said:

GoSub is a good game -- especially the enhanced version by Tarzilla.  I believe it is also included in the cartridge and ROM, right?

I enjoy it a lot, and recommend it to everyone.  :)

dZ.

Super Pro Gosub is not included in this free Rom release. It does contain the save progress jlp/lto version of regular Gosub that was on the cart release as well as the last versions from Chris Read before I started work on Super Pro. Super Pro Gosub may be released as stand alone with the level editor I created as well as new levels after I finish some other stuff ;-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tarzilla said:

Super Pro Gosub is not included in this free Rom release. It does contain the save progress jlp/lto version of regular Gosub that was on the cart release as well as the last versions from Chris Read before I started work on Super Pro. Super Pro Gosub may be released as stand alone with the level editor I created as well as new levels after I finish some other stuff ;-)

Ah, thank you for the information.  Then, that is more the reason for folks to get a copy of the CIB -- it is not only a very good game by Chris Read, but the Super-Pro Gosub version is great! :)

-dZ.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

It's still a go to cart for when I want a couple minutes of quick pickup and play.

Same here.  UpMonsters, Gosub, and a few other simple games are some of my default quick pick-up-and-play choices.  Of course, I alternate them between plays of some of my favorite classics.

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, Tarzilla said:

Super Pro Gosub may be released as stand alone with the level editor I created as well as new levels after I finish some other stuff ;-)

Hi - is there any reason why the full screen width wasn't used for this game.  You could have got another 'lane' in

GoSub_ext.png

Edited by Orangery

4 hours ago, Crash7 said:

Pardon my french? But this game is a pain in the ass LOL

I always thought it was a very good game -- especially the GoSub Pro version.  It is one of my favorite games.  It can be hard, though.

-dZ.

• Like 2