IGNORED

Thought I bought Enduro, but got a mystery game. Pls help!

Speedbump

Hello, I bought a blue label Enduro cartridge w/instructions on eBay. The guy didn't tell me the instructions were in FRENCH, but hey that's a whole different problem. The label says Enduro, so I didn't suspect anything.

I popped the cartridge in to play, and was confronted with a game I have never seen before. I've looked and looked through the games listed on atariage.com but I've given up.

I have some screen captures attached. Can anyone help me identify this game? Thank you!!

post-4116-1064870323_thumb.jpg

post-4116-1064870324_thumb.jpg

post-4116-1064870325.jpg

Shaggy...even though I paid full price for Solaris back in like 87 I think? It was still worth it back then. Now you should be able to pick up a boxed copy for about $5 I would think. Maybe even less. Loose is gonna run anywhere from $1 to $5 also...you know how Ebay is...

Either way, Solaris is a worthy buy, especially at todays prices. Just remember to have a second controller plugged in so you can access the Galactic map quicker!!!

8)

Hi guys,

I am not a troll, honestly. I'm a 30-year-old woman living in West Virginia and I have very recently bought an Atari 2600 to "buy back my childhood" and this is week No. 2 for me having the old stuff again. I never played Solaris when I was a kid so I didn't know what it was -- I was more into games such as Pitfall, Enduro, Donkey Kong -- basically non-space-tank-shoot'em ups, etc.

Now I will be able to write my eBay seller again and let him know that I don't appreciate getting Solaris instead of Enduro. With French instructions, no less. :(

Thanks!!

Speedbump

No problem, It is just that I susepcted a trolling because of the fact that we have had not one..but two seperate new comers with the same problem in one day?!? It doesn't happen very often needless to say. Still, it is too bad you don't like games like Solaris. It is quite the challenge especially later on in the levels. However, enduro is also a very good game, and it is too bad you didn't get what you really wanted. The good news is that both games are easy to come by both in the wild and on ebay for low prices.

8)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. I'm at work right now (don't tell my boss I'm here! LOL) so I can't do a pic right now, but when I get home tonight at about 1:30 a.m. EST, I'll take a picture of the cartridge for you.

Also, thanks for the trade offer, but I already have another copy of Enduro already. ;> (It was one of my faves as a kid.)

However, if you have Pitfall II I would trade for that.

Oops! Boss is coming back around...gotta go. I'll post the pic later.

Speedy

I don't really know what the difference is besides color -- is the blue label more rare?? Anyway, how I know what to call it: The auction said that it was a "blue label" Enduro and it sure looks blue to me. Also, when I started looking for what I actually had here on this site, I actually learned a couple of things. That's the point, right? ;>

Honestly, I don't really care what the label is; I just wanted to play Enduro again. I also wanted the instructions, and that was the only one that had them too at the time I was buying, so that was the auction I went with. Unfortunately for me, I can't read French. :(

BTW, I can't help but notice that you guys sure are paranoid about stuff. Do you get a lot of trolls around here or something? I truly am a newbie. Green as a gourd, but happy to be here and truly enjoying my Atari 2600 all over again. My cat thinks I'm crazy, fiddling with the little black box with a stick, making the TV make funny noises and groaning and cursing when I screw up. And, I now remember why my joystick wouldn't go to the right anymore after playing tons of Pitfall. It's like NASCAR, only in the other direction! ;>

Speedy, looking forward to going home soon and uploading that cartridge picture

Shaggy...even though I paid full price for Solaris back in like 87 I think? It was still worth it back then. Now you should be able to pick up a boxed copy for about $5 I would think. Maybe even less. Loose is gonna run anywhere from $1 to $5 also...you know how Ebay is...  

Either way, Solaris is a worthy buy, especially at todays prices. Just remember to have a second controller plugged in so you can access the Galactic map quicker!!!  

Sounds great! It looks like it's worth it, sort of like a cross between Moonsweeper and Star Raiders, both of which are games I play constantly. And $5 for a good 2600 is certainly worth it. I had a friend the other day comment that he thought people must have been insane to pay $25-30 back in the day for a new 2600 game...I guess he just doesn't understand :wink: