IGNORED

atari S.A.M. problems

stushug

I just found my old S.A.M. disk. It was corrupted, but I found the atr on http://www.retrobits.net/atari/sam.shtml  I downloaded the file, wrote it to a new disk and followed the instructions to the letter. I even made a DOS 2.0 disk. After I load reciter, I go back to BASIC.(Option "B")  I tried to run the DEMO file with no luck. Then I tried SAYIT with no luck. Each program that I try comes back with the 170 FILE DOES NOT EXIST error. I've checked the copy disk, and all of the files ARE there. I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Also, how do I check to see if RECITER is actually loaded once I'm back in BASIC?

EDIT:I re-did everything and it's now working. Don't know what went wrong the first time.

Edited by stushug

On 1/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, stushug said:

Also, how do I check to see if RECITER is actually loaded once I'm back in BASIC?

you can test if you query the memory location 8192 if it answers 104 it is ok, if it is different something is missing.

? PEEK(8192)

The documentation on the official site is incomplete "OCR failed", but here is the complete manual see page 35.

Regards

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ascrnet said:

you can test if you query the memory location 8192 if it answers 104 it is ok, if it is different something is missing.

? PEEK(8192)

The documentation on the official site is incomplete "OCR failed", but here is the complete manual see page 35.

Regards

So PEEK is the command to check memory locations? That's what I was looking for. Thanks!!!