IGNORED

ChatGPT on the 800XL vs. C64 debate

Britishcar

I was hoping that artificial intelligence would FINALLY put this debate to rest. I was wrong. Here is ChatGPT's weigh-in on this classic battle: The 800XL vs. the C64

ChatGPT:

"Both the Atari 800XL and the Commodore 64 were popular home computers of the 1980s, and each had its own strengths and weaknesses.

The Atari 800XL was an updated version of the Atari 800, released in 1983, had more memory and a more compact design, which made it more user-friendly and more affordable than its predecessor. It also had advanced graphics and sound capabilities, with the ability to display up to 512 colors and support for stereo sound. Additionally, it had a wide range of software available, including many popular games.

The Commodore 64, released in 1982, was considered to be a more powerful computer than the Atari 800XL. It featured a powerful 6510 processor, 64 kilobytes of RAM, and advanced graphics and sound capabilities, including a 3-channel sound and hardware sprites. It also had a wide range of software available, including games, productivity applications, and programming languages.

It's difficult to say which one is the best, as it depends on the user's perspective and the use case. The Atari 800XL was more focused on gaming, had a more user-friendly design, and was more affordable. The Commodore 64, on the other hand, was more powerful, had more memory, and had a larger software library, including more advanced programming languages and tools.

Ultimately, both computers were popular and well-regarded in their time and both have a strong following even today, the choice between the Atari 800XL or the Commodore 64 would depend on the user's needs and preferences."

Edited by Britishcar

1 minute ago, Britishcar said:

Accidentally posted this in the High Score Club folder.

I was wondering why I got a notification about this topic.  Now I know.  But, since it's here, why not ask the Chat bot about the best Atari 800XL high scores, or something that might fit here in this sub-forum just as much.  I love the small errors that this new "AI" makes, like the 512 colors of the Atari 800XL.  If you didn't know much about the system, then you'd breeze right past that mistake.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a discussion along these lines, but concerning the Bally Arcade/Astrocade, which you can read here:

https://groups.io/g/ballyalley/message/19741

I suppose being in the HSC forum means that I ought to play the current game of Donkey Kong Jr.  Something is calling me back here.

Adam

It's like asking Siri what she thinks of Alexa (or vice versa), you get a very "diplomatic" response.

And yes I know that all AIs use a database of existing knowledge to create answers but not completely original stuff by themselves.