IGNORED

No power from coming from 130XE switch.

hueyjones70

I don't think this problem is peculiar to the 130XE. I am getting power to the power connector and to the switch. When I place the switch in the ON position I don't get any power. The power connector and the switch show zero voltage. I replaced the switch and got the same results. I can't imagine what is causing it. I thought maybe there was a short to ground but nothing gets warm and there is no voltage reading anywhere on the board.

It's a simple circuit in terms of what you stated. Power supply, switch, and filter cap, so unless there is a break, a short, dead cap or faulty power supply that shuts down under load there isn't much else. You might want to rethink on this and make sure you have the correct switch type as well. Make sure no contact with lower shield is occurring etc. Otherwise the problem is deeper than you think. Your short does not have to make a component hot, and may not be a component at all as there is more than one way to have a short.