IGNORED

Anyone still make the Ultimate Cart or have one they want to sell?

ACML

I’m not sure if they’re available because of the chip shortage. However, you may want to investigate tmp’s AVG Cart (https://avgcart.tmp.sk). 

You have to purchase it from Europe so it might take awhile to arrive, but that looks like the cart I’d buy today if I was in the market for a multicart. I have the Ultimate Cart. It’s nice, but I think the AVG Cart does what it does plus a lot more (PBI/ECI memory expansion, ability to save data -Flob (if game is written for it), SIO cable to use AVG Cart as a disk drive for ATR files). 

Bob C

• Like 3

The Brewing Academy used to sell them through their own store and on ebay, but they currently show sold out. Coming from a proud owner and lover of an Ultimate Cart, it hasn't had a firmware update or any new features in years, while it's a pretty rare month that the AVG Cart isn't getting some sort of update. I'm not sure that they're in any better shape with the chip shortage, but if I were in the market for a cart device today, I wouldn't consider anyone or anything other than the AVG Cart.

• Like 1

I run a 1200XL and what I'm reading is that the AVG cart is too wide for the 1200XL and you'd have to use the bare board (not preferred).  If anyone has an Ultimate Cart (especially with the case in the photos above) and you are willing to sell it, please PM me.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I was fortunate enough to pick up an Ultimate Cart from an AA member.  I would still like to obtain one more if someone has one they'd be willing to sell.  I'm looking for the Ultimate Cart that has the same board layout as the one in CharlieChaplin's post above (see photos for example layout).  It does not even need to have a case (working board is just fine).  I found out that 8bitsandmore still makes the shells like the one in the original post of this thread.  

282080123_Ultimatefront.thumb.jpg.8b24f674c106fa2ad561cfac40b34098.jpg404944478_Ultimateback.thumb.jpg.276bab70f97701da17bdad047fc1e99f.jpg

Edited by ACML

Thanks to AA members, I was able to purchase two Ultimate Carts.  They work fantastic in the 1200XL and they play well with the SIO2SD and Fujinet.  I would like to get a third for my brother's setup.  Let's go for the hat trick!  If anyone has an Ultimate Cart sitting around doing nothing but collecting dust and you'd be willing to sell it,  I'd buy it for $100 USD including shipping.  It does not need to have a case, just 100% functional.  I do have two conditions:

1) PCB layout/orientation has to be like the photo

67699063_Ultimatecardfront.jpg.68a25a05209e92fbf7f063174fa06424.jpg 

2) It needs to have the latest firmware

650683042_Ultimatecardmenu.jpg.0c88fead4a6f38e11fbb643e9594e524.jpg

Bump....

I know the AVG Cart is now the fan favorite and many AA enthusiast like it better than the Ultimate Cart for good reasons.  If you are one of those and have an Ultimate Cart you just don't use anymore, please think about selling to me.  I have a 1200XL and the AVG does not fit like the Ultimate Cart.  Honestly, I really like the Ultimate Cart.

Thanks!