IGNORED

XBGDP help with DSR error

Fonzie

I love tinkering on real iron. Today, on a whim I decided to try to compile a simple xb using Classic99  and the latest XBGDP. Downloaded and installed Classic99 Q1399.663 and Juwel4 +GEM. I put the Juwel99 folder in with DSK 1,2 & 3 of CLASSIC99. Configured Disk 1 to .\Juwel99\ and checked the appropriate boxes as shown in the XBGDP.pdf. I ran Hello slow & fast and saved it.

Everything seemed to run ok. Xb, compiler, assembler until the R underscore. Hitting enter brings up **DSR ERROR:00F4  DSK1.RunTime1.TXT. I’m embarrassed to tell you how many times I’ve blown away both programs re-downloaded them again and tried many variations to no avail. Any Ideas?

Don't know if this means anything but immediately after the error message:**DSR Error:00f4 DSK!.runtime1.txt (there is a space followed by 2 or 3 jibberish characters). Also, checking the Juwel folder there is no file listed as runtime1.txt. There are ,however, several files named runtim(1-9) -s.

That error code is telling you that the assembler cannot find RUNTIME1.TXT, which you have already figured out. I think you have used the "real iron" version of the compiler which is in the folder JUWEL99.

Read page 3 of Using XBGDP.pdf and that should guide you in the right direction. I see that file needs some slight updating. It was for the ISABELLA version, but you just have to substitute JUWEL for ISABELLA