IGNORED

Dig Dug

Trooper

Well, just a small question.

I found a Dig Dug cart only at an online auction site. The dude selling it claims that it's rare, can't say anything about this since I don't know otherwise. However he's asking for $60 for it, my gut instinct is that that's an outrageous price.

Am I wrong?

Cheers!

Troop

Dunno about rarity on either of them offhand, but DigDug was released in two versions. An earlier one that tried to capture the original arcade's graphics (but ended up looking and playing like shiite), and a later one that corrected the problems (but changed all enemies into one-color sprites). The latter is probably more common...since the earlier version's unsold copies were returned AFAIK

They both look pretty crappy to me!

Actually the "newer" version looks just like the 5200 verison. Was this one of the games that they more-or-less directly ported to the 5200 from the 8-bit computer line?

Dig Dug's one of those games where, in my opinion, nothing else really comes close to the real thing. MAME to the rescue!

They both look pretty crappy to me!

Actually the "newer" version looks just like the 5200 verison. Was this one of the games that they more-or-less directly ported to the 5200 from the 8-bit computer line?

Dig Dug's one of those games where, in my opinion, nothing else really comes close to the real thing.  MAME to the rescue!

This is prob a case where the 5200 version was back fitted to the 800.

I've been playing the "old" version since the early 80's and believe it or not, I always felt it was a decent port.  Anyone happen to have an ATR file of the newer version?  I'd love to try it out and compare.

Check your PM.