IGNORED

What/Who is Dallas North?

Cybergoth

Hi there!

Dallas North was an alias for Doug Neubauer.  He used it when he freelanced for 20th Century Fox.

Ah, that makes sense. All games in question have Doug credited as programmer.

But this:

mostly bad movie translations

is bullshit. Alien and M.A.S.H are clearly amongst the best movie translations you can get on the VCS...

Greetings,

Manuel

Dallas North was an alias for Doug Neubauer.  He used it when he freelanced for 20th Century Fox.

Tempest

I don't doubt ya at all Matt, but where did you get that info? I never made the connection, and I was a 20th Century Fox hound in the day. Knew of Dallas, but didn't know Doug was he. Or him. You know what I mean.

It's been mentioned in several places over the years (including the DP guide). I'm not sure how well known it is, but it's definetly not a secret.

Interestingly Doug also used the alias Solaris when designing The Last Starfighter. I have no idea why he was so into pseudonyms.

Tempest

It's been mentioned in several places over the years (including the DP guide).  I'm not sure how well known it is, but it's definetly not a secret.

Interestingly Doug also used the alias Solaris when designing The Last Starfighter.  I have no idea why he was so into pseudonyms.

Tempest

Groovy. I never knew any of this. :)

Dallas was Skerrit's LAST name in Alien :P First names were not given at all until the sequel...and I think that Dallas's might appear as just an initial on the display behind Ripley during the company review.

It's a space thing.

Talby...what's Talby's first name?
* thinks for a moment

Um...what's MY first name?