IGNORED

Oh, and one other thing...Millipede

The MilkMan

I shoved this little jewel in over the weekend. Ok, now time warp some odd 8-12 hours later!!! Wow, Millipede is KING! I've had it for a while but never really played it....what a mistake.

I know it's like Centipede, but I just found it way more addictive!

Anyway, just wanted pass along the joy I found playing Millipede.....alot!

There is another version of 2600 Millipede you should try out.. GCC Millipede

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/m...de/gccproto.htm

gccmillipede_1.png

It differs quite a bit from the Atari version but it's still fun to play. It's interesting to say the least. Anyone dare say which version they think is better? :D

Here's the rom. At this point you're pretty much limited to play it in an emulator.. unless you got something like a Cuttle Cart of course.

milpede__atari___prototype_.zip

• Like 1

There is another version of 2600 Millipede you should try out.. GCC Millipede

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/m...de/gccproto.htm

gccmillipede_1.png

It differs quite a bit from the Atari version but it's still fun to play. It's interesting to say the least. Anyone dare say which version they think is better? :D

Here's the rom. At this point you're pretty much limited to play it in an emulator.. unless you got something like a Cuttle Cart of course.

Like you said, the GCC version is interesting to see as an alternative to the released version. In many ways, it looks closer to the original arcade game. Push come to shove, though, I'd have to say that I prefer the release version. I dunno, it just plays better, I guess; it has a more 'fluid' feel to it. Still, it would be cool to have the GCC one on cart to play as an occasional alternative.

I'd say Millipede is in the top 20 games made for the 2600 and it's probably the 2600's best port after Ms. Pac-man and Crystal Castles. It's even better than the NES port, amazingly enough.

--Jason :)

I think 2600 Stargate is by far the best 2600 arcade port.

Stargate is good, but Tapper is better :D