IGNORED

Looking for Sean - Sysop of TBA from San Pablo, CA

Dopeyman06

6 hours ago, Tillek said:

Might help to be specific... I know of at least one other BBS that could be TBA located in California that probably isn't the one you're looking for because that guy would be easy to reach.

6 hours ago, Tillek said:

(Like specifically, what years was the TBA BBS you're thinking of in operation... the one I'm thinking of was more recent (since 2013).

How many Seans can there be in San Pablo, CA that ran a BBS called TBA? I'm not to sure what years he ran his BBS. But I'm gonna guess early 90's cause he was running a Carina 2 board. And he wrote quite a few programs for it.

But I basically wanna reach out to him to see if he still has anything in his archives for the Carina 2 BBS. 

TBA stood for some other name, was it The Bay Atari BBS? The Bay Area BBS? etc.

There are a crap ton of former 'Bay' BBS's and California was Atari central, Sean, Shawn, in Cali is akin to John, Jon throughout America in general almost as good as Smith for a last name.

The man was hoping for more information to help you out. So every little bit you can recall will help in the endeavor.

• Like 2

Did you call the number and ask for Sean?

Have you Googled the number to see if there might still be a name attached to it?

Have you scrawled any QR codes or shortened links to this thread on mens' room walls at truck stops, asking for assistance?

The more info you give, the less it's going to be like pulling teeth from a lion for everyone involved.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Did you call the number and ask for Sean?

Have you Googled the number to see if there might still be a name attached to it?

Have you scrawled any QR codes or shortened links to this thread on mens' room walls at truck stops, asking for assistance?

The more info you give, the less it's going to be like pulling teeth from a lion for everyone involved.

Yup, I tried calling the number but it's not in service. 

And like DL said, I would also be afraid of what kinda truck stop service I'd get 😂

Well, thank you all for your comments and any (if any) attempts to help me locate this individual to see if he still has any Carina 2 software in his possession.

Edited by Dopeyman06
  • Like 1