IGNORED

Fujinet and term programs

Shift838

My 800XL has U1MB, UAG Svideo, USB Keyboard installed.

I have found one term program that works with Fujinet on my 800XL and that is BobTerm.

Are there others?

I have tried Ice-T, but I get a couple of error messages when trying to launch it:

*Base 48K not free!

* R: device not found!

I know my Fujinet config is set to Virtual Modem = Yes.

Loading the RS232.com driver works and starting the program with X in front.  I have 2.80 Ice-T and 2.76.  Neither of them will do color ANSI.  the only selection I see in the settings is IBM graphics or standard text.

How do I get it to do the ANSI as I have seen in other post of images of it working?

3 hours ago, Stephen said:

I think it's a beta version that has it - 2.80 beta 7.  The ANSI option will be under the "special" section.

icet2807.xex 34.96 kB · 4 downloads

I load this up via my SIDE3 after I have loaded the RS232.com from SpartaDOS and after it loads within a few seconds the screen starts going wonky just display garbage and almost looks like a vertical scroll constantly like the old tube TVs.

if I load up an older version off ATR from SpartaDOS the screen is fine.

anyone have this beta version that supports ANSI in ATR format that I can run from SpartaDOS?

30 minutes ago, Shift838 said:

i'm wondering if the ANSI Graphics will look better (they look off with the SVIDEO) when I install my VBXL mod.

No - the VBXE / VBXL modes do not work well with Ice-T.  I need to do some investigating to see why, but the  PMG overlay/underlay that is used to create the colouring is definitely broken on the VBXE hardware.  Keep in mind - with stock A8, there can never be proper ANSI emulation.  There is no way to have hi-res text and color info for each character.  We're lucky to get this approximation via Ice-T.

With VBXE, an almost true ANSI is possible.  Only caveat being, 16 text colours, but only 8 background colours.  We at least get a proper 256 character font.  Here's my latest demo code showing the original CGA font and colours: