IGNORED

VBXL Install with KVM switch

Shift838

I have a VBXL that I am ready to install into my Atari 800XL.  I know it ports it all RGB with a C/Hsync line.  I have seen many installs using a mini-DIN 13 to SCART connector.  I have currently designed a RGB KVM+Audio switch and I believe I can instead just use the Standard DIN 8 instead of a mini-DIN 13 to port the RGB, Sync and Audio so it could hook up to this KVM.

Am I correct in assuming that?  I know I will not be able to use the keyboard as my two Geneves use a USB keyboard interface specifically designed for them.  But video and audio should be fine.  thoughts?

My current KVM: 

Hello Shift838

Another option might be SAVO XL.  It uses the Sega Saturn connector and the hole where the RF-modulator usually sits.

Sincerely

Mathy

PS the site in the URL was used because it seems to be the only one I could find.  SAVO XL and SAVO XE are new.

• Like 1

Update.

I have completed the installation of the VBXL and it works with my KVM switch.  I am not using the keyboard hooked up to my KVM as it is strictly for the Geneve, but it works for RGB video output via SCART and Audio.

• Like 2