IGNORED

Collecting boxes and disposing of carts

Dolt

I have had a few cart boxes for a while but only recently started collecting them on purpose. As a result, I'm quickly building up a lot of "extra" carts because I usually find CIBs, not boxes sold on their own.

So the question for y'all is: Do you sell off your loose carts once you get a CIB, or do you keep both carts?

Right now, most of these CIBs are commons, so there's little reason for me to sell off, say, a loose Cosmic Ark, because I wouldn't get much for it; it's just as worth it to me to leave it in the box. On the other hand, I now have a loose Private Eye and a CIB Private Eye, and I'm really torn as to whether I want to keep that extra cart or not.

What do you guys do?

Depends if you have sealed ones you dont ewant to open them so if you got rid of your dup carts how would you ever play it??

Emulation :) .

That takes away a lot of the nostalgia, though.

I only collect boxes if they're sealed, or really really cheap. Otherwise, I view them as bonuses to the cart, since all I need is the cart.

On a somewhat related subject, I opened my first sealed cart yesterday, Desert Falcon. Just had to open one, and it's not like it was rare.

I only collect boxes if they're sealed, or really really cheap. Otherwise, I view them as bonuses to the cart, since all I need is the cart.

On a somewhat related subject, I opened my first sealed cart yesterday, Desert Falcon. Just had to open one, and it's not like it was rare.

I agree, although I like the instructions. Boxes are a bonus for me too but I opened a Off The Wall not long ago...I also just had to open it. That is the way I got it and I wanted it opened. However, I have a Exocet that I have not opened. :D

I guess you stole that idea from Atari when they burried all those ET carts...which just HAS to be why I see it listed as RARE! on eBay all the time. :D

On the topic though, hmmm, I'm still on the fence on whether to sell off the extra carts or not. None of the boxes are sealed, but it seems like such a crime to separate them from the cart. Of course, I consider myself lucky if this is the biggest dilemna I have to face for a while in life.

I agree with Godzilla. When I was much younger and I played Berzerk into an early grave :sad:, I swore that if I could ever have backup cartridges, I would. So especially for games I like to play, I will try to have 2 copies (one boxed, one loose or just a loose pair). Third copies are for trades or for setting up some other Atari-needing person along with a spare console. :D