IGNORED

Any ideas what (presumably) passive component is causing this horizontal ghosting on an 800?

Beeblebrox

My test 800 is exhibiting the following which I presume is a passive component failing:

image.thumb.png.351c27877a861deb5ded4e149a44fe8a.png

The above occurs on both a modern LCD TV as well as CRT - both off S-video. If I plug my other main 800 in, no issues.

I want to narrow it down to a passive component in the video circuit on the main PCB. (I've swapped out the power board and makes no difference - so it's definitely on the main PCB.

Edited by Beeblebrox

Weird, even persists onto the next scanline (note the 1st scanline of a fresh text line doesn't cop it and even stranger the first text line seems immune from it)

The 4050 is a digital component and I doubt would have that amount of persistence - Q105 is just after the luma outputs are combined so that sounds feasible to me (I couldn't find Q106 on that schematic)

Edited by Rybags
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Panther said:

Or either Q105 or Q106, I can't think of which right now.

Just in case anyone has it to hand where are these transistors on the 800's pcb? I am not in front of it right now. No worries if not to hand, I am sure I'll figure it out. Just idely browsing AA on a very bad connection whilst I wait to see the dentist heh heh!!! 

Replacing the CD4050 is the easiest thing to try first, but if that doesn't do the trick then Q105 is what I would focus on next.  It's a 2N3904 NPN transistor, and be sure to replace it with a 2N3904, as something with different capacitance will affect the video.

• Thanks 1