IGNORED

Best Atari Game

vanman

Let me see:

Ms. Pacman: because Ms Pacman was not available to Gameboy at this time. So I bought the Lynx and Ms. Pacman

S.T.U.N. Runner: drive a car in 360 degrees.

Steel Stalone: gread action /simulator for the lynx.

Lemmings: good gameplay and good music

Bill & Ted excellent adventure: You cannot die in this game.

Serguei

Unfortunately (or fortunately :D ) I cannot limit it to one game.

My personal fav is Warbirds, especially multiplayer. It was the game that made me really want a Lynx back in the day. I've always been a sucker for well done dogfight games and Warbirds is very easy to control and lots of fun. Going head to head w/ other players can't be beat (It's also the reason I own 5 Lynxes).

Awesome Golf is another title I couldn't do with out. It's still the best golf games I've played on any portable and it's better than a lot of console & computer golf games too.

Xenophobe was a really good arcade conversion that I can play for hours. Lemmings is just like the original PC version and just as addictive.

I could keep going, haven't even started on the puzzle or shooter games, but the four listed would be my must haves. At least for right now, if asked the same question a month from now the list might chantge a little bit but probably just to add more.

I'll put in another vote in for Warbirds. It was also the reason I wanted a Lynx (ever since I saw the Lynx insert in EGM #28 (Nov '91)). Just recently I acquired a second working Lynx...10+ years later I can finally play multiplayer Warbirds! Woo!

Can't just name one great Lynx game so I'll name a few...

Klax (masterpiece)

Chip's Challenge

Steel Talons

Ninja Gaiden (although my thumb wouldn't say so :) )

I also like Xybots and STUN Runner. Both are games I played in the arcade and both translated very well to the Lynx. Love that Xybots music...just wish the robot voices from the arcade would have made the transition.

Jason

my favorite of all time (even though it can get a bit repetitive) is Rampage. I got hooked on the arcade game and this game was one of the only reasons I initially bought my lynx. I'd say that it's relatively true to the arcade version. I have yet to play it multiplayer, but I imagine that must be pretty good, too. :)

I used to work with an ex-cargo pilot, and I would bring two Lynxes and two copies of Warbirds and we'd kill our entire lunch hour dogfighting. What I remember best was hearing the bullets hitting his plane on his Lynx's speakers, and him screaming "Where the hell are you firing from?", then hear his plane go down in flames. Man, I miss those lunchtimes.

I prefer the "thinking" style of games on the Lynx: Shanghai, Chip's Challenge, Klax, and Rampart. I usually use my Lynx when I have to go someplace and wait for awhile (like the Dr.'s office, hospital waiting room, airport, etc) and if I plug in any of these games the time just flies past.

Action games like Ms. Pac, Scrapyard Dog, etc are fun and I enjoy them but I find myself totally absorbed in the the thinking games.

Mendon

I pulled this link from the past which is interesting because some of the posters on this link posted their favorites back then:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...3781&highlight=

The responses back then are similar to now. I am surprised Joust wasn't mentioned but there are so many good games for the Lynx that it is understandable. I will put in a vote for Xenophobe which is an awesome single player as well as multi. It is a game that actually improves on the arcade. Klax is THE definitive version on any platform. Shanghai is a great puzzler.

Electrocop is the most overrated.

I actually don't like either "Joust" or "Robotron" that much on the Lynx. "Joust" simply plays better on the 7800, 2600, and the home computers, and "Robotron" just crams in too much action on the Lynx's screen. I wouldn't call them "bad" at all -- I just wouldn't rank them at the top of the Lynx gaming heap.

Best underrated game: "Loopz"

Runner-up: "Chip's Challenge"

• 4 weeks later...