IGNORED

Season 21 Round 9 - Kirby's Adventure

asponge

Next up is Kirby's Adventure.  It's been nearly 13 years since this has made an appearance in the HSC.  I'm posting this a bit early because I have a busy day tomorrow and frankly Magic Jewelry doesn't appear to pique anyone's interest.  Please take note of the special rules.  Most importantly, there is no timer in this game.  Consequently, you should always be moving forward to complete levels and not camping for points.

1971591573_KirbysAdventureCartridge.png.8aa8a39d0693d3286dca3afb132371f6.png 1749789101_KirbysAdventureScreenshot.png.26365f48e704f9e8228222ee04ef7404.png

Game Rules:
Maximum of 5 deaths allowed

Record score after 5 deaths or the game is completed

Do not camp for points

Score Post Deadline: Sunday March 19 at 11:59 PM CST.

AtariAge High Score:

426,260 by DarkFalz posted on 5/4/2010

Scores as of 3/10:

asponge      273,810
fakecortex   171,720

Season Standings:

Scoreboard.png.f509456d77465fe75cb2535221646ecc.png

General HSC Season Rules:

• To participate, just post a score to the thread. Anyone can join in at any time.
  • A picture or screenshot is encouraged when posting a score but not required.
  • The season is 15 rounds long.
  • Games will be posted on Sundays and run two weeks through Sunday at 11:59 PM CST.
  • Do not exploit game glitches, take advantage of 1-up loops or intentionally die in order to replay a level.
  • If "point pressing" is not specified in the game rules you should be moving forward in an attempt to complete/loop the game and not "camping" for points.
  • No emulator save states, slow-mo, rewind, etc.
  • No cheats, e.g. Konami code, Game Genie, etc.
  • Turbo controllers are allowed.
  • Season points are awarded according to the following chart:
    1110848006_ScoreChart.png.e4e6c238b16cc1de0a8133d7d8dfa42d.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I actually really like Magic Jewelry but I've been busy with another game Snake, Rattle n Roll and trying to beat that. I'm gonna try to get in a MJ score too though.

What a coincidence you're playing Snake, Rattle n Roll.  I was considering posting it this week.  The only reason I didn't is because the last time we played this it turned into you and I going back and forth trying to get to the end of the game, posting our progress, and no one else was too into it.  That was four years ago but I still remember it was pretty fun.  Threads like that are the reason I want to try to keep this HSC alive.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, asponge said:

What a coincidence you're playing Snake, Rattle n Roll.  I was considering posting it this week.  The only reason I didn't is because the last time we played this it turned into you and I going back and forth trying to get to the end of the game, posting our progress, and no one else was too into it.  That was four years ago but I still remember it was pretty fun.  Threads like that are the reason I want to try to keep this HSC alive.

Well I can get to the the end of level 10 in SR&R, and it feels literally impossible. After this it's just the final boss. It's so hard though.

Such a great game, adorable, and always puts a smile on my face. Bit of a time commitment tho, so not sure how much more I’ll get to play. Lost at world 2’s boss, but I would like to beat him within the 5 lives. Plus, it would bump my score up a bit. 

I had to go into another stage to see the score...

Kirby’s Adventure - 171,720

A7DA4CE7-D206-4E02-98A4-423EF7C5B9EF.thumb.jpeg.92460d72a050fad83b7666d810069ae2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I always did liked that game and so i do have fond memories of that game,it reminds me of the rainbowish past of the 90’s,i remember how i was blown away by those graphics back in 1997, as if i was playing on a snes,it was a time when i was fall in love with a girlfriend,oh man if only i could rewind the past,

now we all are familiar with kirby to white or pink from color,BUT just imagine if kirby was color yellow,who ever knows that many gamers could,ve asociate kirby with pacman,and maybe namco might,ve sew nintendo for coming up “with a pacman rip off mascott being too similar to pacman by also eating fruit and enemies”,well guess what ,once kirby does get invincible he does get yellow for a brief second once cycling to many colors,note: that for over 2 decades i didn’t realize this untill recently once i do realize that there’re indeed similarities between pacman and kirby as a character,not that it really matters to me at all so please don’t get me wrong but i tout it’s something interesting to mention this

CB956086-A147-4DA9-87D3-8653CE89FF1B.jpeg