IGNORED

just purchased 800 XL

BartOrloy

8 hours ago, Havok69 said:

Interesting - It looks like they rebadged that Phonemark and called it the XC12. The drive motor setup looks very similar to the 1010 Chelco version that doesn't use the flat drive belt.

yes that is also my unasked question, as i have not too deep knowledge to atari product, i also noticed this recorder brand, but my thought was it is licensed  to this company by atari... so you said it is exact oposite? or i did get it wrong?

Edited by BartOrloy

4 hours ago, BartOrloy said:

yes that is also my unasked question, as i have not too deep knowledge to atari product, i also noticed this recorder brand, but my thought was it is licensed  to this company by atari... so you said it is exact oposite? or i did get it wrong?

That was the way Atari typically did things. Take for example the 1025 printer; that was an Okidata ML80 with SIO connectors hooked up and a new cover plate with the Atari brand. I'm sure this is the same situation with the program recorder.

• Like 1

i woke today and aliexpress cancelled my shipment of 74LS07N, sockets and diodes :) after 14 days after they said they shipped it... so i will buy it in local electronic parts store... it is really sad because i could make 5 times more fujinet boards for same price :)

14 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

try again different supplier, that is the way of aliexpress

aliexpress is good, for example all my esp32 arduinos resistors, capaciattors, and another electronic jewellery is from china :)  also my new printer board MKS tinybee(awesome board) sll came from ali to me.. no problems with them... i planned to buy DIP sockets for U1MB here in my country so i will just buy more stuffs there :) but i have no problem with aliexpress as supplier if i count number of orders  versus errors :) btw it is expensive here, you pay manipulation fee if you order in local  electronic parts store, it is always better buy from china, cheaper and it arrives to your postbo mostly in 2 weeks...  :) but yes i watched more suppliiers like mouser and others, but it is  really funny you pay way more them for nothing, i am from poor country :)

• 3 weeks later...

ok, i have done my upgrade :) it worked on first attempt i must say it is really good product... thanks to @flashjazzcat and also for The Last Word :)

my HALT signal is also on different place than on both guides i watched, so i used multimeter to find proper via hole. How many different mainboard was made for 800XL? I found also i have a capacitator next to OS ROM, which was too tight as it was soldered a bit unaligned, so i loosen its legs  and aligned it.

i also 3d printed joystick in meantime.

btw. chinese IOs arrived also, i contacted seller and he said there is no problem, so looks it was  an aliexpress tracking system error :)) so i will complete my fujinet sooon also.