IGNORED

DUST COVERS?

runner2019

A few years ago I bought some beautiful dust covers for my heavy and 4 switch consoles from a guy on ebay who had them in different colours (blue, brown, burgundy, black). They even had the Atari logo printed on them. I had to sell part of my collection during the pandemic as I was going through a bad patch. I now have the Atari consoles back home and I'm trying to buy these dust covers once again. To my surprise this seller is still on ebay but kind of inactive as all of his items are sold out. I sent a PM but got no answer. question is, does anybody know any decent dust covers for the consoles out there? Anybody here still making and selling them? I also saw back at the time somebody here on this website making them...

Well, far as I know Papanannyfunstuff on Ebay still has her covers available for a few systems but I had heard that once current stock was sold out that might the end of those covers. There is also the PrinterBoy covers of which I own a few for my more modern consoles.

Here is the link for Papanannyfunstuff on Ebay. Even if you don't see a cover listed, reach out and ask as I've Barb make some for me and specifically put them back up on ebay as a private auction for me to purchase.

https://www.ebay.com/str/papanannysfunstuff

Here is where you can look through and see if PrinterBoys covers might be for you. Again, I've got a few of them and while they don't have quite the quality feel to them that Barb's covers do, I do like how they are already notched for wiring etc and basically have the look of the console printed on them.

https://printerboy.net/

I've also ordered a few from this etsy seller a few years back that I also liked. Although I don't see any for Atari consoles currently but I believe the used to so again, might reach out and ask?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/pkrah

• Like 2

Thanks so much for the links. The seller I was talking about is the last one you listed. Beautiful canvas covers but all sold out and they've been for a few months now so I don't think he's coming back on business. As for the other two not my cup of tea as the covers are too thick and I'm not very fond of black colour for this matter. I'll keep on trying.

19 minutes ago, runner2019 said:

Thanks so much for the links. The seller I was talking about is the last one you listed. Beautiful canvas covers but all sold out and they've been for a few months now so I don't think he's coming back on business. As for the other two not my cup of tea as the covers are too thick and I'm not very fond of black colour for this matter. I'll keep on trying.

I've only ever used Printerboys polyester covers. Those are quite thin when compared to the canvas ones from pkrah. Speaking of, if he is sold out, it doesn't appear that way on his etsy store? Hmm... 

I actually prefer Barb's covers to the others as they fit well, have a quality feel to them and they aren't really black. They are a dark brown similar to how the 5200 only 'looks' black but is actually chocolate brown in direct light. I would have loved a full set of Barb's covers for all my consoles, but there are quite a few she never designed or made. The TG-16 covers being one of the last I think that was designed so for the rest I went to PrinterBoy as pkrah also didn't have covers for some of my setups then either.

On 3/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I've only ever used Printerboys polyester covers. Those are quite thin when compared to the canvas ones from pkrah. Speaking of, if he is sold out, it doesn't appear that way on his etsy store? Hmm... 

I actually prefer Barb's covers to the others as they fit well, have a quality feel to them and they aren't really black. They are a dark brown similar to how the 5200 only 'looks' black but is actually chocolate brown in direct light. I would have loved a full set of Barb's covers for all my consoles, but there are quite a few she never designed or made. The TG-16 covers being one of the last I think that was designed so for the rest I went to PrinterBoy as pkrah also didn't have covers for some of my setups then either.

Pkrah is still on etsy, yes and he's got all the Atari covers on the site but with the exception of the Atari Jr. all the others have been sold out for a few months already. Funny thing is that he's got covers for a lot of different systems. It's only Atari that he's not making anymore. Some copyright problem??

As for the printerboys, not my style. I prefer one solid colour with the logo on top.

4 hours ago, runner2019 said:

Pkrah is still on etsy, yes and he's got all the Atari covers on the site but with the exception of the Atari Jr. all the others have been sold out for a few months already. Funny thing is that he's got covers for a lot of different systems. It's only Atari that he's not making anymore. Some copyright problem??

As for the printerboys, not my style. I prefer one solid colour with the logo on top.

It is possible that he received something in regards to the logos on his covers for the Atari ones. I know it has come up before that the new Atari is not nearly as lenient on this as in the past. So that is a good point I hadn't thought about.

5 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

It is possible that he received something in regards to the logos on his covers for the Atari ones. I know it has come up before that the new Atari is not nearly as lenient on this as in the past. So that is a good point I hadn't thought about.

Yeah. I know for a fact that a website making Atari console box repros got a call from an Atari lawyer in NY to cease activity...

All my consoles have dust covers and most of them are from eBay seller Papanannyfunstuff. I also have a couple from pkrah and a few OG covers. I purchased one cover (for my one of my 7800s) from eBay seller https://www.ebay.com/str/itemblockshop.  This seller is still on eBay.

I also have covers from Papanannyfunstuff for my 5200 trak-ball as well as, the ColecoVision Roller Controller and Expansion Modules. 

Main Setup.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

All my consoles have dust covers and most of them are from eBay seller Papanannyfunstuff. I also have a couple from pkrah and a few OG covers. I purchased one cover (for my one of my 7800s) from eBay seller https://www.ebay.com/str/itemblockshop.  This seller is still on eBay.

I also have covers from Papanannyfunstuff for my 5200 trak-ball as well as, the ColecoVision Roller Controller and Expansion Modules. 

Main Setup.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Wow, Fantastic collection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://printerboy.net/

I have covers for an Intellivision 2609, an Odyssey2, and a Jaguar from Printer Boy.

The covers looks great, but expect a LONG delivery time from Mexico - like several weeks.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/pkrah

I recently bought one of these canvas covers for my second Intellivision 2609.  Prices are about the same as Printer Boy, and delivery was MUCH faster.  IMHO the cover looks really good, so much so that I just ordered another of his covers for my Sears Video Arcade II.

Intycover.jpg

I also have those 'pleather' covers from Barb for my Vectrex and another Jaguar.  Very nice quality, but I'm not sure they are in business anymore.

Edited by ls650