IGNORED

ICD AdSCSI remake project started

t0ri

Hi,

Well, and another - in total the last of the ICD's AdSCSI series - interface will be able to appear in a new version :) I managed to read the complete configuration from four protected GALs. I checked the firmwares in the circuit - they work 100%. Now it remained to design the PCB and put the documentation on the web.

Starting this was possible thanks to user TGB1718 met here - on the Atari Age forum. We exchanged interfaces, as I had a version that was not very breakable. Fortunately, he was not afraid :D Some brave people are still in the world, haha. Please - thank him for his contribution to this project.

I plan to make 3 versions of the PCB. The first one in accordance with the original - it is about DB19 sockets, which are almost unobtainable. The second - with solder fields for direct soldering of DB19 sockets made from DB25 sockets by trimming. The soldering method is the same as for my ACSI-CF project (compare for yourself). The third version is to be designed for the Atari Mega STe and installed internally directly on the DMA connector - just like the original ACSI-SCSI Atari interface.

More information will follow as it develops. I am currently devoting most of my time to another project, but I will try to finish everything in a reasonable time.

Greetings

tOri

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

Hi,

After some time...

Here I would like to announce the completion of the ICD AdSCSI restoration project with 100% success. All the documentation has been posted on my www as always - for free! I invite you to visit it. The site is in Polish so please use any autotranslator to read this piece of text written there.

Al files are for version with U3 clock patch - unfortunately I didn't have version without this patch to reverse-engineering so anyone witch older version can make this patch and use it to fix broken device if needed.

I hope all dead devices can be fixed now :)

Greetings

tOri

http://www.atari.myftp.org

adscsi_th.jpg

• Like 8