IGNORED

Atari Phreaking Apps - wardialers, long distance code scanners, sprintnet/telenet scanners, etc….

Doctorx

Hopefully the mod will not be peeved at me as I do post this message every year or so…

I run a site where I am working to catalog all known 8bit/16bit phreaking software - things like I mentoned in the title. I have a version or two of TUFF HACKER, Rainbow Box, and maybe another item or two for the Atari 8 bit/ST - but because I used them personally extensively in the mid-late 80’s I know that there is a TON of stuff out there that thus far has passed through the cracks - one such title being a tone generator called “Happy Hacker”.. 

If any of you folks that hung on to, or acquired large nubers of original disks back in the day - if you have any of what I am looking for I will happily drop you a tribute via paypal or whatever for your efforts..

Moderator - please PM me if this post breaks any rules, etc.. Certainly want to remain in good standing here.

Also - I will be packaging up the copy of Marshware BBS software I have this weekend or next and providing a public link for it.. Would love to see it hacked to work with FujiNet/Y2k ,etc… 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Doctorx said:

Hopefully the mod will not be peeved at me as I do post this message every year or so…

I run a site where I am working to catalog all known 8bit/16bit phreaking software - things like I mentoned in the title. I have a version or two of TUFF HACKER, Rainbow Box, and maybe another item or two for the Atari 8 bit/ST - but because I used them personally extensively in the mid-late 80’s I know that there is a TON of stuff out there that thus far has passed through the cracks - one such title being a tone generator called “Happy Hacker”.. 

If any of you folks that hung on to, or acquired large nubers of original disks back in the day - if you have any of what I am looking for I will happily drop you a tribute via paypal or whatever for your efforts..

Moderator - please PM me if this post breaks any rules, etc.. Certainly want to remain in good standing here.

Also - I will be packaging up the copy of Marshware BBS software I have this weekend or next and providing a public link for it.. Would love to see it hacked to work with FujiNet/Y2k ,etc… 

I remember having a coupl back in the day but not sure if I saved them anywhere.

WOW! Marsh BBS was the first BBS software I ran. Wish I had kept a copy. Will be keeping an eye out for that link. :)

On 3/17/2023 at 2:30 AM, Doctorx said:

I just found a few programs in a disk collection I was going through. Not sure if you have them.

- Masterscan 3.0 - modified version of Telescan 2.1 - 1983

- Telescan 2.1
Telehack Version 2.0 - 1984 C.I.A. - modified by the Mad Hatter

Hacker Programs.atr

Edited by cx2k
  • Like 3

Thanks guys - for whatever reason this stuff was not preserved nearly as well as it was for the c64… i suppose due to the installation base..  love that i am still finding things after all the years of asking and searching!!