IGNORED

FujiNet in my Hands!!!

Doctorx

Not since I walked out of Federated Electronics in Plano Texas with my shiny new and silica smelling XM301 I have I been this excited… The build quality exceeds my expectations and whoever the seller in the UK is got it to me in north texas in less than a week… really look forward to tinkering with this - maybe even running/or coding a board especially for the device too!!!

Thanks guys!!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Doctorx said:

Not since I walked out of Federated Electronics in Plano Texas with my shiny new and silica smelling XM301 I have I been this excited… The build quality exceeds my expectations and whoever the seller in the UK is got it to me in north texas in less than a week… really look forward to tinkering with this - maybe even running/or coding a board especially for the device too!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Well done for buying British!

Now think Atari TNFS servers and you have it all.

Seriously, a Fujinet is an innovative and revolutionary device for an Atari 8 bit computer and brings a 40+ year old machine into the 21st Century with it's features and connectivity. I thought I only needed an S-Drive Max until I realised what a Fujinet can do.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Doctorx said:

Thanks guys!!!

Federated, I remember them from California.  The advertising guy was named Fred Rated. I bought 2 sets of the combo Atari 800XL plus an XF551 disk drive for $199.99 a set when they were going out of business.  I bought them for the drives and the computers were a bonus.

That does bring back memories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulBuster said:

Federated, I remember them from California.  The advertising guy was named Fred Rated.

Ha, I remember Fred Rated...
And I also remember that the actor's name was Shadow Stevens (sp?)...

Hmmm...  Why do I still remember that, but can never remember who in contracting I need to talk to about phone system support renewal wording???  ;-)

As for the OP, you'll love the Fujinet.  Incredible piece of kit...

Edited by desiv

1 hour ago, SoulBuster said:

Federated, I remember them from California. 

I remember those commercials.  He was an FM disk jockey in SO. Cal.  Federated was doing a lot of liquidation for Atari back then.  We had two or three Federated stores in the San Diego area.  I frequented the one in Escondido mostly.  

My SDSU Aztecs just made it to the Final Four!  Go Aztecs!!!

On 3/26/2023 at 2:34 PM, SoulBuster said:

Federated, I remember them from California.  The advertising guy was named Fred Rated. I bought 2 sets of the combo Atari 800XL plus an XF551 disk drive for $199.99 a set when they were going out of business.  I bought them for the drives and the computers were a bonus.

I bought the same system.  I think you also got a xm301 with it.  I bought it for the drive, but got the bonus system too.