IGNORED

Atari 800 key cap "2"

20 hours ago, andrew@meler.us said:

I'm looking for Atari 800 key: "2" (stackpole or hi-tek).  Can purchase or trade for another key (have some extras), also have some extras for couple of keyboard styles for Atari 800xl.

Thanks!

If you can PM me a picture that shows me the type of key you need, as I am not familiar with stackpole or hi-tek I assure you I can find a "2" for you,

I have like 8 Atari 800's and 5 or 6 spare keyboards - reimburse me postage and we are square.

Beeblebrox let me know what you need also.

@joeventura  thanks

So I can elaborate as to the difference between Stackpole, Hi-tek and the Mitsumi.

Keycaps for the single keys are interchangeable for hi-tek and stackpole, but not for the wider keys, where Ctrl, Tab, both shift and return keycaps from either one cannot be used on the other. (I can't recall if the space bar is interchangable between the latter two.) The reason for the incompatiblity with the wider keys between the two is simply that the mountings are offset on one, but not the other. 

Mitsumi keycaps on the other hand are completely different to the stackpole and Hi-tek keycaps.

At present I am in need of complete keyboard units. I have another alternative. I can 3D print all the single keycaps for my Stackpole keyboard, and then all I need is to source the wider keys (so Ctrl, Tab, both shift keycaps and the return keycap and also space bar).

Single stackpole/hi-tek compatible keycap:

image.png.82131e26ce1430d99110dab6e5c70b1d.png

More info about the 3 x types below (I compiled this quick the other week for another post):

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/349527-repair-or-not-repair-that-is-the-question/?do=findComment&comment=5228641

Hi-tek, (little white posts crack/perish over time and can be a pain to fix):

My Atari 800 Keyboard Repair - Atari 8-Bit Computers - AtariAge Forums    image.thumb.png.df73a46d07ad1b791b849ae71c53128a.png

Mitsumi (mylar) - These can be equally tricky to fix (I've fixed a few now):

IMG_2561b.thumb.JPG.902423328bfde81927283b8649abdee2.JPG   IMG_2568b.thumb.JPG.649f679e4fe5b05149306a54753b62be.JPG  IMG_2572b.thumb.JPG.c16af32106bac33676de6d574d6b9eaa.JPG

Stakpole (similar to Hi-tek and prone to the same cracking of the posts):

IMG_2586a.thumb.JPG.daf45c7b8a9098b3fc2d52525317a18e.JPG  IMG_2591b.thumb.JPG.b22a781ab9c85ac1f66dbb58d3ecba83.JPG

Edited by Beeblebrox

On 3/30/2023 at 9:31 AM, andrew@meler.us said:

The displayed name cannot be changed after it has been created.

On 3/30/2023 at 9:33 AM, Beeblebrox said:

If you ask Albert he'll probably be able to change it (maybe?)

Displayed names can be changed twice per year, in fact; and no need to ask Albert. It's in your account settings. A great way to begin fixing a marred reputation. ;) 

89820019_changename.thumb.png.6207aa7eb3303f30e1ae364d0f37ba43.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

Displayed names can be changed twice per year, in fact; and no need to ask Albert. It's in your account settings. A great way to begin fixing a marred reputation. ;) 

Only if you are a subscriber I think.

23 minutes ago, mimo said:

Only if you are a subscriber I think.

I guess they changed that then; used to be for all users.

So, a good advertisement. Get a subscription, it's worth it if you use the forums much. You can edit your posts for longer, etc. Plus you'll be supporting the #1 Atari forums in the world.

(you don't have to ask Albert, you just have to pay him :D )

• Like 2