IGNORED

Cassette Dumping Program

Rob Mitchell

Back in the day (1982) someone at Georgia Tech gave me a cassette of a program that when loaded into the Atari 800 .. would then load and dump back to cassette a perfect copy of whatever program was on that cassette. You could even make multiple dumps of the same program. Before I sold my Atari 800 in 1983 .. I made duplicates of all my cassette programs including SCRAM. But unfortunately my collection of cassettes got thrown away .. Dumb! DUMB!

I sure wish I had a copy of that cassette duplicating program. It would have made archiving cassette programs to WAV so simple now.

Anyone know about this? I have no idea about the source.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I found a .cas file I could load into my XEVGS via the SIO2PC cable and the APE program. With this I have been able to copy some of the few games available in the CAS format into real cassettes.

This program should also be useful to record from the SIO to WAV to make a master CD from which you can make new copies without the distortion (therefore errors) the old tapes might have or convert the WAV's to CAS.

I hope you can also find it useful.

zzz_unk_casdup20__1982__vervan_.zip