IGNORED

Tools for creating ATASCII animations?

zzip

3 hours ago, EddyFree said:

Incidentally, what programs do people use for ARC files on the PC? Peazip thinks the files are password protected!

https://www.izarc.org/

IZArc is the best free file compression utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XPI, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO. With a modern easy-to-use interface, IZArc provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools. It allows you to drag and drop files from and to Windows Explorer, create and extract archives directly in Windows Explorer, create multiple archives spanning disks, creating self-extracting archives, repair damaged zip archives, converting from one archive type to another, view and write comments and many more. IZArc has also build-in multilanguage support. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2023 at 7:16 PM, tebe said:

https://www.izarc.org/

IZArc is the best free file compression utility supporting many archive formats like: 7-ZIP, A, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CAB, CDI, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MDF, MBF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XPI, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO. With a modern easy-to-use interface, IZArc provides support for most compressed and encoded files, as well as access to many powerful features and tools. It allows you to drag and drop files from and to Windows Explorer, create and extract archives directly in Windows Explorer, create multiple archives spanning disks, creating self-extracting archives, repair damaged zip archives, converting from one archive type to another, view and write comments and many more. IZArc has also build-in multilanguage support. 

I mostly use 7Zip on my PC stuff and have been very happy with it. IZArc sounds like a useful program to have if I come across some odd-ball compressed files, I'll have to check it out. However, when it comes my classic computing stuff I tend to like to use the command-line tools from back in the day for that nostalgic feel. For example, nothing like watching those little "o" characters expanding on the console line during the extraction of LZH files using LHArc by Yoshi/Questor on the Atari ST(and 386/486 PCs).

23 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

okay so where do I find these?

I was hoping to find them in one of the "usual" collections and refer you there but I couldn't so I just made an ATR with the files from my personal 80s-90s floppy disk collection that I imaged back in 2009...Here they are:

ATASCII-Master-And-Cartoon-Machine.zip

Enjoy!

• Like 2

wizard font is broken in the toons magazine collection, the wizard link at the top of your post just sends us back to the broken file

edit something has changed now It doesn't have the font file but rather a .sho file now

the FNT files are needed for some of these as they redefine the character set.

Edited by _The Doctor__