IGNORED

REQUEST: PQ the Party Quiz Game

Hey team-

I bought a PQ Party Quiz package from ebay, the manual, the 4 controllers, and a game disk.  However, the game disk (copied apparently) has a version on it that has been re-authored by "Mr. Camaro" to use regular joysticks.

So, the proprietary Suncom paddles will not work- only a regular joystick.  Seein's how this totally erases the fun of having this game set out at a party, with the game paddles, this has been a bit of a bust.

MY QUESTION:  Does anyone have an original unmodified PQ Party Quiz disk or image they would be willing to share?  The one, of course, not redone by "Mr Camaro".  We'd love to try out the whole setup the way it was intended!

Much thanks for reading!

NKA

20230412_185738.jpg

7 minutes ago, MrFish said:

MrFISH!  You rule man, thanks.  This should be a blast!  Do these Suncom controllers work for any other games- anyone know?

On 4/14/2023 at 1:19 AM, 351cougar said:

here are other game topics disks

Thanks for posting...

The Entertainment disks look like they correspond to this set entry on Atarimania: PQ - The Party Quiz Game - Entertainment Edition 1, for which Atarimania has no dump.

The serial information (that you get when booting the disks) is: PQEN0001 & PQEN0002, which would follow the numbering scheme for the other question-disk editions.

The disks you posted labelled "General Insterest" correspond to this set on Atarimania: PQ - The Party Quiz Game - General Edition 2, for which Atarimania has a dump (but I was unaware when I was posting the disks above; so they didn't get included).

The serial information is: PQGE0003 & PQGE0004, which matches the serial information on the disks from Atarimania. However, they appear to be a unique dump; so, Atarimania ( @www.atarimania.com ) may like to have them for comparison/reference.

I've converted the four disk you posted from DCM to ATR file format, for convenience/consistency, and renamed them to follow the convention I'm using for the disks I posted above.

PQ - The Party Quiz Game - Entertainment Edition 1 A.atr

PQ - The Party Quiz Game - Entertainment Edition 1 B.atr

PQ - The Party Quiz Game - General Edition 2 A.atr

PQ - The Party Quiz Game - General Edition 2 B.atr

Question: Where are these disk images coming from? You dumped them, or obtained from a website, etc.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

10 disks isn't enough?? :? 

5742 Boulder Dash Levels are not enough.

3428 Robbo Levels are not enough.

1024 Pacman versions are not enough.

256 Tetris versions are not enough.

And you are asking if 10 disks (for Party Quiz) is not enough ?

P.S.: There were and still are dozens of Sokoban versions available for the A8, but Pro Hi-Ban alone added 4445 Sokoban levels.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hyperbole... and... you're comparing 4 very-popular games with 1 obscure game. In the case of the popular games, I was to the point of vomiting once they all got past 5 anyway.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2023 at 8:01 PM, NewKillerAmerica said:

Hey team-

I bought a PQ Party Quiz package from ebay, the manual, the 4 controllers, and a game disk.  However, the game disk (copied apparently) has a version on it that has been re-authored by "Mr. Camaro" to use regular joysticks.

So, the proprietary Suncom paddles will not work- only a regular joystick.  Seein's how this totally erases the fun of having this game set out at a party, with the game paddles, this has been a bit of a bust.

Is there a dump of the Mr. Camaro version?  That would be the only way to play PQ Party Quiz on an emulator which doesn't "do" the original controllers.

(Yes I know it's not a great way to play a party game with more than one person but whose gonna crowd around a laptop anyway?)

of course there is, or at least a version that uses joysticks. I always wondered why there wasn't an editor or at least modified disks with updated questions done after all these years. attached are versions I have. I know sports was already done but since couple of mine were 'different' just thought id post it .Ive had there since dawn of time, OK so not really , but since mid 80's . I knew a guy who ran a BBS so I got a lot of stuff.  

Party Quiz A.ATR Party Quiz B.ATR Party Quiz Sports D1.dcm Party Quiz Sports D2.dcm

• Like 1

sure , if i was certain that's what they were. At least the PQ A-B boot disks. I could have booted them and checked them and renamed them , if I really cared. I know they are a version that used joysticks. That's All I remembered. Many of the online files have elaborate names with all the descriptives. Unless I downloaded one of those , mine will be (pretty much) 8.3 file names. I just wanted to get them into the thread. 

On 4/14/2023 at 1:05 PM, CharlieChaplin said:

P.S.: There were and still are dozens of Sokoban versions available for the A8, but Pro Hi-Ban alone added 4445 Sokoban levels.

You forgot about the 18,461 useless Pinball Construction Set games. :roll: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MrFish said:

You forgot about the 18,461 useless Pinball Construction Set games. :roll: 

Boring? Yes. Useless, no. These games are simple Paddle (firebutton) testers.

Since every PCS pinball uses at least two flippers, you can test 18,461 x2 Paddles with it. ;-)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Boring? Yes. Useless, no. These games are simple Paddle (firebutton) testers.

Since every PCS pinball uses at least two flippers, you can test 18,461 x2 Paddles with it. ;-)

Wow... that's great; a reasonable purpose for these, ad infinitum. :D