IGNORED

Altirra saved configuration

TGB1718

Every now and then, after exiting Altirra and shutting down my PC for the day, next day start Altirra as normal

but sometimes I find the floppy drives I had attached are now empty and I have to re-attach them, this doesn't

guarantee that they will be attached next time I start, also if I had a Cartridge attached, it's also gone.

It seems random the way it does it, sometimes it goes for weeks and it's always fine.

Is there any way to save your current setup, "Save State" doesn't appear to do this.

btw. everything else is fine, U1M emulation, Side3, 1050 US Doubler etc. it's jus the floppy's and Cart image

Just wondering if it's any better NOT using registry mode, thought I would ask before trying

Have you consider using different profiles in Altirra?

I had to create a unique profile that runs a Atari BASIC cart ROM in 800 mode just to run cassette programs that rely on Atari BASIC.

The problem with using cart images with A8 emulators is that if you wanted to run autoboot disk images, the cart is still attached so you have to de-attach everytime (like unplugging a cart on a real computer when you're done).  In fact I use a seperate emualtor like Atari800 Plus for playing cart games.

10 hours ago, MrMaddog said:

Have you consider using different profiles in Altirra?

Thanks, had a look at the profile and there were quite a few categories that were "unticked", so I selected "All"

will see how it goes, strange thing is, sometimes it does remember my config, been ok for 2 days now without the change.

Hopefully this change will make it permanent