IGNORED

[CART] Pronto PCB photos

jindroush

Hi,
could anybody with Pronto cart and screwdriver (from the photos it looks like there is possibility to remove the back of the cartridge by unscrewing just one screw without damaging anything) and take photos of the PCB?

I just want to verify something - the cart should behave similarly to Telelink II, ie. it should have 256x4 sram for storing telephone numbers.

Thx in advance.

On 4/30/2023 at 4:40 AM, jindroush said:

Hi,
could anybody with Pronto cart and screwdriver (from the photos it looks like there is possibility to remove the back of the cartridge by unscrewing just one screw without damaging anything) and take photos of the PCB?

I just want to verify something - the cart should behave similarly to Telelink II, ie. it should have 256x4 sram for storing telephone numbers.

Thx in advance.

Hi @jindroush,

I have 3 pronto carts and opened them and took photo of front and back.

The one on the left looks to be standard Atari cart and does not save the numbers even though the program attempts to save the data.

The other 2 do save data and look like they have the same ram as Telelink.

20230501_155759.thumb.jpg.987143350137fe1c763063937c40abbe.jpg20230501_155829.thumb.jpg.3fe2bd413bb8670817578902f46b9205.jpg

@cx2k, thanks for the photos. It's now much clearer how the cartridge works.

The one on the left looks really just like standard 16K cartridge, whereas the two on the right (although different) both have the SRAM 52212 and PAL for address decoding. With this, 256x4 bits are mapped to memory window $8F00 and is used for storing telephone numbers. Thanks to @phaeron, this is emulated in the latest build of Altirra, obviously only for 'archive' reasons, as the network is dead for 30? 40? years.
Telelink II uses similar setup.

I added the photos to new ACDP, which is going to be published in few weeks (796 cartridge dumps so far)

• Like 1

Hello guys

7 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

It's great to see you back after all these years!

When I saw the name last night, I asked myself: "Could this be THE Jindroush?"  I do hope so.  That doesn't mean that any other person called "Jindroush" wouldn't be welcome though.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1