IGNORED

Looking for an Analog magazine torrent actively being seeded

IndusGT

It would be handy to have a list of links to magazine archives.

I've got bits and pieces of them - about the only thing I have that is reasonably comprehensive would be a bunch of Compute! PDFs that I probably got 15 years ago, sitting on DVDs somewhere.

Here are both Antic and Analog, complete archive (starting from issue 1).   As you know, neither made disks available till later in the magazines lives, but some kind soul was nice enough to compile all of the programs from the early issues onto disk to make a complete collection of both.  Not sure who did it, but posting it from my archives.  

Antic_Atari_Resource_(Disks).zip

Analog Computing.rar

Edited by scotty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, scotty said:

Here are both Antic and Analog, complete archive (starting from issue 1).   As you know, neither made disks available till later in the magazines lives, but some kind soul was nice enough to compile all of the programs from the early issues onto disk to make a complete collection of both.  Not sure who did it, but posting it from my archives.  

Antic_Atari_Resource_(Disks).zip 5.02 MB · 0 downloads

Analog Computing.rar 8.68 MB · 1 download

great thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

I'm getting DNS errors to this link, and to the site itself in your signature links.

There was a fire in the data center where the Atariverse.com site resides. No damage to the servers, but power is currently down.

The Altervista.org site mirror is still active; but the magazine section there links to the files on the Atariverse.com servers. So, the mags won't be available until the site is back up. [all other files on the Altervista.org mirror should be available though]

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, MrFish said:

here was a fire in the data center where the Atariverse.com site resides. No damage to the servers, but power is currently down.

Aw, that's too bad. Glad the servers and your data is okay. 

I saw this thread surfing on my tablet when you first posted the link but didn't have time to go to my PC and grab it, then promptly forgot about it until tonight after work. Oh well. Hopefully they get everything back online for you soon.

For now there's still Archive.org even if every issue is a separate entry (no way to bulk download that I can find easily). 

4 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

Aw, that's too bad. Glad the servers and your data is okay. 

Hopefully they get everything back online for you soon.

I'm not sure about the extent of the damage. @Panther just messaged me a few hours ago about the situation -- with hopes they'll (the data center where his company keeps most of their servers) get things back up sometime today (California hours). I noticed the problem last night when I tried using the site for something else.

I would have the mags stored on both servers; but due to the size of the archives, I currently only have enough space to keep them at Atariverse.com.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I sure hope there are back ups in other places including your home base.

Yeah, I'm covered. Backups at several separate locations (in addition to the mirror), and a local version that I use myself for both testing and accessing the site for my own Atari reference purposes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2023 at 4:11 AM, Rybags said:

It would be handy to have a list of links to magazine archives.

Once again....  Always glad to help.....

Analog:    http://www.atarimania.com/atari-magazine-analog_18.html

Antic:       http://www.atarimania.com/atari-magazine-antic_20.html

OR

Antic:       https://archive.org/details/antic-magazine?&sort=date&page=2

Analog:     https://archive.org/details/analog-computing-magazine?&sort=date

Edited by scotty

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Great news!

Yeah, it took a little time because the servers had to be relocated. There were also some issues with getting clearance to do the work, because of security regarding the fire; and then all of the servers had to be dusted out for any particles that may have entered them during the fire.

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

I have been able to grab ANALOG, Antic and Compute archives. Thanks so much for making these available for offline reading. :)

The original scans were done by @ThumpNugget. He also offered the Antic and Analog collections each on a set DVD's for a nominal fee, when he first completed the collections. I still have copies of the artwork files that he used for the discs and disc cases too; if anyone is interested, I can post them here; or maybe just post them with the archives on my site.