IGNORED

Tigervisoin games

vanman

I have found that the problem with Tigervision carts is the stays or stems are too long.

The best way to enable Tigervison games on a 7800 is to take a pair of toenail clippers and clip about 1/16" off the stays (stems, whatever...). It doesn't detract from the usability on other systems or the value as it is damn near impossible to tell if this has been done without close examination.

-Lee

I have found that the problem with Tigervision carts is the stays or stems are too long.

The best way to enable Tigervison games on a 7800 is to take a pair of toenail clippers and clip about 1/16" off the stays (stems, whatever...). It doesn't detract from the usability on other systems or the value as it is damn near impossible to tell if this has been done without close examination.

-Lee

Slowly back away from my River Patrol cart and put your hands on the 7800. :D

Slowly back away from my River Patrol cart and put your hands on the 7800.

Very funny..

Actually, I've only done this on a couple of my carts. My Shrinkwrapped River Patrol and Springer.... The rest aren't worth playing anyways are they? :wink:

Regards,

-Lee

Actually, I've only done this on a couple of my carts. My Shrinkwrapped River Patrol and

if you wanted to do something crazy, why not put toothpaste in your pants or something?! :D just kidding. I'm one of those people who can't stand to so much as scratch stuff that is even remotely rare. (Heck, my DC isn't even rare, and I treat it as if it would blow my hands off if I mishandled it... needless to say all of my video games that I bought new still looks that way)

What Lee describes is about the exact same thing I did to my Miner cart to get it to work in my 7800. I wasn't as exacting so you can tell it was done, but I would rather have something semi rare that I can actually show can also be played...then just have it sit there...

8)

What Lee describes is about the exact same thing I did to my Miner cart to get it to work in my 7800.  I wasn't as exacting so you can tell it was done, but I would rather have something semi rare that I can actually show can also be played...then just have it sit there...

8)

But those carts were not made for that system, just like most 2600 carts weren't. :_(

And beside all that, you could use a CuttleCart or EPROM board to play a Tigervision game. :P

A high score cart can also be used I believe. However, I lack one of those in my collection as well.

My point is that if I had to damage anything on a cart, I would much rather it be something that isn't looked at very often like the pegs in the cart rather than say, take a file to the sides of any cart just so that it will fit in width wise easier into my 7800. I have heard of some doing this with Imagic carts. Again, that is a bit more noticeable than taking some clippers to the stay pegs on a cart and clipping about a 1/16 of an inch off of them.

:wink:

Actually, I've only done this on a couple of my carts. My Shrinkwrapped River Patrol and Springer.... The rest aren't worth playing anyways are they?  

Threshold is pretty good I think...fortunately I have a 2600jr. which works just fine so I just play any Tigervision cart I have in that. I couldn't bring myself to clip the stays on Threshold though :woozy: