IGNORED

How to setup controls properly/ideally for ETERNAL CHAMPIONS (Sega CD) with keyboard in Kega Fusion?

retrorussell

Hey Sega CD-philes!

Trying my hand at the rather frustrating (at this point) ETERNAL CHAMPIONS: CHALLENGE FROM THE DARK SIDE for the Sega CD, via emulator Kega Fusion version 3.64.  I have used its controller options in the emulator to try to map the A, B and C buttons (which are the default light, medium and strong kicks) to the keys A, S and D; and map the X, Y and Z buttons (in the event of a 6-button Sega pad), which are the light, medium and strong punches, to the keys Q, W and E.  I can't for the life of me get the punch keys set up to work.  The default way to use them is to press the MODE button to switch between the kick and punch buttons, and that is absolutely annoying.  There is a screen for CONTROLLER SETUP but I can't seem to really do anything here to help me.  If anyone can give me any hints on setting up the controllers to my liking, I would really appreciate it!  Thank you in advance!

Oops, never mind.  I had to select 6 BUTTON PAD from the Options-Set Config-Controllers and then use the pull down menu to select 6-Button Pad and then map the controls.  AHHHHHH I get it now.  The game is still a pain in the ass to get used to.  Well, at least anyone else frustrated might stumble across this and get their own question answered.