IGNORED

failure in making a back up copy from 3.5 " disk to 5.25 "

newTIboyRob

Hello all. I tried to make a back up of the Copy 2 plus 3.5" disk from the 3.5" drive in slot 5 to a freshly formatted and verified 5.25" disk in the drive in slot 6, but the message DEVICE SIZE MISMATCH occurred.  

Any way around this?  All I want to do is make a simple back up copy of that 3.5" floppy disk to a 5.25 floppy in case the former's drive goes on me (I have 2 x 5.25 drives)

Thanks

I remembered one more box and sure enough, Copy ]] + was on 5.25 in it, version 5.0.  I tried it on my 2GS and it did work, amazingly. When I went to format a disk, it wanted to do it in DOS 3.3 (I didn't see a PRODOS listed.)

If I use DOS 3.3, and not the PRODOS, can I use BASIC to type in and save files?

Yes.  DOS 3.3 can save applesoft basic files the same as Prodos.  And for the most part, the basic programs will work on both OSes.  There will be some minor discrepancies where disk commands are concerned in your program.  But since you are mostly just starting out, that is a ways down the road.