IGNORED

I need help repairing my OEM Dualshock 2 Controller

I've got a Dualshock 2 that belonged to my mom way back in the day in my possession. Unfortunately, upon plugging it into my console I realized that the buttons were unresponsive and simply do not work with the exception of Start and Select. The board inside is definitely still working in one form or another, as the analog LED is on when I plug the controller in. But none of the face, trigger, or bumper buttons appear to be working and neither do the analog sticks or D-Pad.

I'll post a picture of the insides and the board itself when I get home, but from my recollection everything looks absolutely flawless. I compared the board to a confirmed working controller and wasn't able to discern any physical wear that could indicate circuit failure. I was hoping someone could share some ideas on what I could do to fix it, thanks! 

DualShock 2 Disassembly - iFixit Repair Guide 

Here's an online photo I found of the controller revision I have.

Edited by RetroSonicHero
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, RetroSonicHero said:

I've got a Dualshock 2 that belonged to my mom way back in the day in my possession. Unfortunately, upon plugging it into my console I realized that the buttons were unresponsive and simply do not work with the exception of Start and Select. The board inside is definitely still working in one form or another, as the analog LED is on when I plug the controller in. But none of the face, trigger, or bumper buttons appear to be working and neither do the analog sticks or D-Pad.

I'll post a picture of the insides and the board itself when I get home, but from my recollection everything looks absolutely flawless. I compared the board to a confirmed working controller and wasn't able to discern any physical wear that could indicate circuit failure. I was hoping someone could share some ideas on what I could do to fix it, thanks! 

DualShock 2 Disassembly - iFixit Repair Guide 

Here's an online photo I found of the controller revision I have.

That is unfortunate. Cable should be fine as well (is my guess), since the start and select button work. Have you looked at the PCB from both sides?

Edited by Creamhoven