IGNORED

Atari sunsets

Dantaipan

That was sort of an Activision trademark - lots of their games use the same or similar sky effects. Barnstorming, Crackpots, Dolphin, Frostbite, Keystone Kapers, Oink!, and Seaquest for example. There may be others, and there may be other publishers that copied the effect, but it was definitely an Activision thing first and primarily. 

11 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

That was sort of an Activision trademark - lots of their games use the same or similar sky effects. Barnstorming, Crackpots, Dolphin, Frostbite, Keystone Kapers, Oink!, and Seaquest for example. There may be others, and there may be other publishers that copied the effect, but it was definitely an Activision thing first and primarily. 

You left out the most prominent sunset game of all: Enduro!  

The whole game is one long continuous sunset/sunrise cycle with weather changes.

2 minutes ago, Jstick said:

Wow, you should give it a try!  Once you get “in the zone” it’s an almost hypnotic experience.

New Year Day, 2000. After sitting up with my computers to make sure the end of the world wasn't here, I got a good nights rest. The next morning, since I had the day off and I was recently moved into my first apartment, I decided I would play some of the "new" games I had recently picked up on resale. I popped in Enduro and gave it a go. I don't know if I played any other games that day, but wow did I have a good time. Blown away!

• Like 2