IGNORED

Atarimania... Top 200 Top 500 games?!

Current High Score Club round features a bunch of games not played before - most are 6-7 out of tenners, all have some merits:

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/352304-hsc10-round-11-new-to-the-hsc-repton-more/

Is it possible to extract /list the top 200 or even 500 games from Atarimania (don't think there is there anywhere else with comprehensive game ratings)?  The existing top 100s list all the ones we already know and love, but it's the next tier I'm interested in ;)

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

Is it possible to extract /list the top 200 or even 500 games from Atarimania (don't think there is there anywhere else with comprehensive game ratings)?  The existing top 100s list all the ones we already know and love, but it's the next tier I'm interested in ;)

Top 200 & Top 500 are already available. There's a small text link in the upper-right hand corner to display either of them instead the Top 100. This was added a few years back by request.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Top 200 & Top 500 are already available. There's a small text link in the upper-right hand corner to display either of them instead the Top 100. This was added a few years back by request.

Was probably me who requested it! Can't see it? Is it under one of the menus? OK it's on the TOP 100 BY RATING page thanks :thumbsup:

How about the top 1000 one day ;)

Found Tube Trooper (never heard of)  - looks interesting

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-tube-trooper_39459.html

http://www.atarimania.com/8bit/screens/tube_trooper_4.gif

8 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

Was probably me who requested it!

Probably. :D

8 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

Can't see it? Is it under one of the menus?

Ah, yeah, sorry about that. Apparently the links only show up when you display the Top 100 "by rating" (it defaults to "hits - past week" when you first open it). So, you have to click that first, then you'll see links for the Top 200 & Top 500 in the upper-right of the list title bar. It's a bit of a hidden feature, as currently implemented.

1187476684_top200500.thumb.png.c11687e0d58d496328dcf22934435591.png

3 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

sorry I edited post above. Thanks again ;)

Yeah, I see that now. No problem.

3 minutes ago, therealbountybob said:

How about the top 1000 one day ;) or even all of them - might see one of my games right down there in the  8000s ?? :D

My suggestion (back when suggestions for this were first being taken) was to add the rating field to the search results listing. Then it could just be clicked on to order the list by it. They said they'd look into it; but obviously nothing ever became of it.

Yes I think the top 1000 or 2000 would cover those games that I want to find, the top 500 are nearly all well known and good so it's the next tier going from 7 to 6 rankings that probably has a few good ones.

Repton is really good I'm reviewing it for the next Pro(c) Mag ;)

• 11 months later...