IGNORED

Latest Cheats

SainT

The 7800GD has a built-in cheat system which lets cheats modify the RAM of the 7800 in real-time (per frame) and also the ROM image itself to enable cheats within games. This is all accessible from the cheats menu when you break into the game.

To enable cheats, simply copy the 7800GD.CHT file into the root of your memory card containing games. Whenever games are launched, this file will be checked to see if there are any cheats available.

These cheats were found and provided by Gent over at Emucheats, a big thank-you to him. 😄

You can also find and add your own cheats to the 7800GD.CHT file, further details of how to do this can be found in this thread: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/352992-creating-cheats/. Any cheats which people find and want to contribute, please post below and I'll add to the file linked on this post.

The current list of cheats. Unless noted, cheats are for both PAL and NTSC.

• Crossbow [NTSC]
    Light gun calibration option

• Alien Brigade
    Infinite Ammo
    Infinite Health

• Asteroids
    Infinite Lives

• Basketbrawl
    Freeze Timer
    Player 2 Scores 0
    Player 1 Scores 999

• Centipede
    Infinite Lives

• Commando
    Infinite Bombs
    Infinite Lives

• Dark Chambers
    Infinite Health
    Infinite Keys
    Infinite Bombs
    All Upgrades

• Desert Falcon
    Infinite Lives

• Dig Dug
    Infinite Lives
    Invincibility

• Donkey Kong
    Infinite Lives
    Maximum Bonus

• Donkey Kong Jr
    Infinite Lives
    Maximum Bonus

• Double Dragon
    Infinite Health
    Infinite Lives
    Freeze Timer

• Fatal Run
    Freezer Timer
    Infinite Fuel
    No Damage
    Infinite Missiles
    Infinite Smoke Screen
    Infinite Machine Gun
    Infinite Oil Slick
    Infinite Shield

• Fight Night
    Freeze Timer

• Food Fight
    Infinite Lives

• Galaga
    Infinite Lives

• Hat Trick
    Freeze Timer
    Player 2 Scores 0
    Player 1 Scores 99

• Ikari Warriors
    Infinite Lives
    Invincible
    Infinite Ammo
    Infinite Grenades

• Joust
    Infinite Lives

• Karateka
    Infinite Health

• Kung Fu Master
    Infinite Health
    Infinite Lives (do not enable cheat until in game)

• Mario Brothers
    Infinite Lives

• Mat Mania Challenge
    Freeze Timer
    Instant Win on Pin
    Player 2 Can't Win

• Mean 18 Golf
    Always First Stroke

• Midnight Mutants
    Blood Always 100% Pure
    Infinite Health

• Motor Psycho
    Freeze Timer

• Ms Pac-Man
    Infinite Lives

• Ninja Golf
    Infinite Health
    Infinite Lives
    Infinite Throwing Stars

• One-on-One Basketball
    Infinite Shot Time
    Freeze Overall Timer
    Player 1 has 999 Score
    Player 2 has 0 Score

• Planet Smashers
    Infinite Lives
    Infinite Shield
    Infinite Earth Shield

• Rampage
    Infinite Health

• Robotron 2084
    Infinite Lives

• Scrapyard Dog
    Infinite Lives
    Infinite Shields
    Infinite Cans
    Infinite Magic Cans
    Infinite Bombs

• Tank Command
    Infinite Lives
    Infinite Energy
    Infinite Ammo
    Infinite Fuel

• Tower Toppler
    Infinite Lives

7800GD.CHT

Edited by SainT
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

• 7 months later...

I absolutely love this feature!  The GameDrive is awesome without it, but this will really help me enjoy the games more, particularly with friends who aren't as well practiced on the 7800 games.

After excitedly jumping from game to game, trying the cheats, I noticed an issue with infinite lives on Ikari Warriors.  The number of lives continues to show nine, but I get a game over after a few deaths.

Is it just me?   Invincibility and unlimited ammo work properly.

Going to have a blast with the games this weekend.  My brother is going to stop by and slam through some games with me.  

I am amused at how giddy I am with this new "toy".  Thank you!

• Like 1

Awesome, glad you’re enjoying it! I’ve not had much feedback on the cheats, so it’s nice to hear you’re enjoying them. The cheats were provided by Gent over at emucheats, so it could well be that there is an issue with that one. I’ll have a look when I get a chance! :)

No worries!

After some more game time on other titles, I quickly realized that playing with the cheats is a bit of fun itself.  One must learn when to enable and disable.  For example, if I start Double Dragon with the cheats enabled immediately, you cannot progress beyond the initial open garage door screen, but if you first scroll the screen before engaging, they work just fine.

Other games (e.g. Kung Fu Master, and Dark Chambers), you may not progress to the next level in a game until you disable one or more cheats, because the game wants to award you points for remaining health (or some other criteria), but since the health is infinite, it can never finish.  LOL  Simply disable the cheat to proceed to the next level, then re-enable.

All in good fun, so please don't devote much time to this "issue". ;-)   I'll give Ikari another try, to see if there's some similar trickery to the infinite lives cheat.

My 7800 has never looked, sounded, and played so well.  Thank you for this amazing fun-enhancing genius device!  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2024 at 2:53 PM, MattelAquarius said:

No worries!

After some more game time on other titles, I quickly realized that playing with the cheats is a bit of fun itself.  One must learn when to enable and disable.  For example, if I start Double Dragon with the cheats enabled immediately, you cannot progress beyond the initial open garage door screen, but if you first scroll the screen before engaging, they work just fine.

Other games (e.g. Kung Fu Master, and Dark Chambers), you may not progress to the next level in a game until you disable one or more cheats, because the game wants to award you points for remaining health (or some other criteria), but since the health is infinite, it can never finish.  LOL  Simply disable the cheat to proceed to the next level, then re-enable.

All in good fun, so please don't devote much time to this "issue". ;-)   I'll give Ikari another try, to see if there's some similar trickery to the infinite lives cheat.

My 7800 has never looked, sounded, and played so well.  Thank you for this amazing fun-enhancing genius device!  

Hi MattelAquarius, Yea this is a known issue that SainT is looking into via the ability to have notes visually showing instructions on what to do.

Also i am always updating the file with more support (Homebrew currently) and the the cheat file is always up to date via my Retro-HQ-7800-GD-Cheat-Tool Cheat file

• Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 9:47 PM, MattelAquarius said:

I absolutely love this feature!  The GameDrive is awesome without it, but this will really help me enjoy the games more, particularly with friends who aren't as well practiced on the 7800 games.

After excitedly jumping from game to game, trying the cheats, I noticed an issue with infinite lives on Ikari Warriors.  The number of lives continues to show nine, but I get a game over after a few deaths.

Is it just me?   Invincibility and unlimited ammo work properly.

Going to have a blast with the games this weekend.  My brother is going to stop by and slam through some games with me.  

I am amused at how giddy I am with this new "toy".  Thank you!

I will look at this and see if it is because of the way SainT utilizes the RAM Cheats, or if i can adjust it better. Is the NTSC or PAL btw?

Also, if you would like to report any cheat issues in real-time by all means come join us on the  7800GC Cheat Discord

Edit: Ok i have updated / Fixed your issue with Ikari Warriors and you can get it Here. Could you try it and let me how you get on in 7800GC Cheat Discord?

Thanks.

Edited by Gent
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gent said:

I will look at this and see if it is because of the way SainT utilizes the RAM Cheats, or if i can adjust it better. Is the NTSC or PAL btw?

Also, if you would like to report any cheat issues in real-time by all means come join us on the  7800GC Cheat Discord

Edit: Ok i have updated / Fixed your issue with Ikari Warriors and you can get it Here. Could you try it and let me how you get on in 7800GC Cheat Discord?

Thanks.

Thank you for looking into this!  I'll definitely give it a try this coming weekend.

Another minor issue I will bring up over at Discord, is the cheat for "Infinite Energy" in Tank Command.  You may want to consider removing that one entirely, because it actually hinders the player's ability to adjust the distance of their shots.  By default, the player already has "infinite" energy in this regard, as they can adjust the shot distance from minimum to maximum at a whim based on their current situation.  However, with the cheat enabled, the player can only fire shots at the maximum distance, which could be considered a hinderance or handicap to the gameplay.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattelAquarius said:

Thank you for looking into this!  I'll definitely give it a try this coming weekend.

Another minor issue I will bring up over at Discord, is the cheat for "Infinite Energy" in Tank Command.  You may want to consider removing that one entirely, because it actually hinders the players ability to adjust the distance of their shots.  By default, the player already has "infinite" energy in this regard, as they can adjust the shot distance from minimum to maximum at a whim based on their current situation.  However, with the cheat enabled, the player can only fire shots at the maximum distance, which could be considered hinderance or handicap to the gameplay.  

Ok updated, Infinite Energy now removed. Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 months later...