IGNORED

Homebrew - Goonboat

Glenn Main

"All,

I have been lost at sea with nothing but goons for company.

Situation: one boat stolen, one load of folks wanting it back.

Now the thing you're riding is a terrific modification of a punt actually, with big rotary wheels at back. Kinda like a paddle steamer only it's lacking for steam, though never for speed. 

To assist with fending off goons you are equipped with a gun and something I've come to understand as a BoomBoy - a dumb floating bomb which you release by cranking the lever all the way back. What shows before it, is a pinkish blob that cycles across the back deck, see? Hit the trigger to time the release on this.

So far, the game got nothing. You can shoot some, say, by choosing joystick up/down to select a sight level, then you can hit the trigger when you're over one them goons. He's on a jet ski. A Goonski by accounts. And when he's crouching, he's firing back. But such actions of who shoot what don't register anything yet. And that boom whatchacallit doesn't do jack, except float and disappear into our backwash."

-JB

(image: Goonboat WIP 03 - NTSC)

goonboat_wip_03.png.8414765eae9590fad37c0092e860f911.png

Game

Itch.io - goonboat

("Now yer Itch does just perfectly accommodate fine selection.")

Edited by Glenn Main
verbiage
  • Like 6

• 10 months later...

All,

I communicate to you from bettering conditions, though only a little. The management in its bare wisdoms, see, supplies me a for-real gun. Work much? Not really. Moves some and fires a lot. Seems to hit them chasing. You’d like to think that’s the end of the matter. But it ain’t, it just never is. 

For explanations of controls, you’ll note Joystick Down (pull lever) speeds up the boat, which happens be a modified punt, like I mentioned once before. It has its big wheels churning backside—the funny things you see ducking beneath boards for a distraction.

Now readouts are intended both rotational and conditional. I asked about this and was told ‘notice what happens when you speed up.’ So I did. And so what actually?

-Later.

goonboat_wip_02a.png.93617d1cc7f7032999111c1dc4bff598.png

In everloving emulation:
Goonboat WIP 02 - NTSC

goonboat_wip_02a.bin

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

All,

Somethin’ been troubling me day one and that’s having no hits.

Got the gun, got the hazard; even got to supplying my own version of a hate. Nothing good came of it.

That was until today when I realise the R going down.

Now your R typically stands for Required Goons. So whenever you’re hitting, they’ll be glowing another kind R word: red. Which is getting you closer to advancing levels.

Can we advance levels I hear? Nope. Squarely put it to the management. Complete nonsense do I get back from them. Oh well, back to target practice.

-Later.

goonboat_wip_03.png.ff7ce47318359a5c3300496ba4ade79c.png

(And please note, y'all. Fat goon fronting needs his hits centered. Them mid goons 'any a fancy takes a bunch.' That there tiny faraway box is a hell to hit some, but she glows, and pays up good.)

In everloving emulation:

Goonboat WIP 03 - NTSC

goonboat_wip_03.bin 

• Like 2