IGNORED

Running simultaneously more than 1 megafile?

xlst

Hello everybody

I have positive problem. I just purchased Mega ST including Megafile 60. I also have Megafile 20. Now I would like to use the both Megafile same time. Is it possible and if yes, any idea how to do it?

Or can I run Megafile and Ultrasatan simultaneously  same time with same device?

I appreciate your help a lot :)

Thanks

I'm pretty sure you can run two Megafiles together, not sure about the megafile and the Ultrasatan, although I did run a megafile 20 and the earlier Satandisk together on my Mega at one point IRC. I ran a Megafile and a 'link' connected SCSI drive in a chain with no problems as well.

9 minutes ago, DarkLord said:

Way back in time, I had a Megafile 30 and a Megafile 60 daisy-chained together on

the Mega ST4 that I use to run DarkForce! - it worked fine like that...   :)

It think it should be capable to run more than one Megafile same time, because Megafile has slots for both, input and output. That should mean the option to connect more than one device.

Yes you can, each drive must be set to a different ID, factory setting is drive #0 so you need to change the

one that's not the boot drive to drive #1 (or any other number up to #7)

There should be a DIP switch inside somewhere so you can change the #ID,

have a read of this:-  https://www.manualslib.com/manual/999369/Atari-Megafile.html?page=9#manual

Page 5, although it does say take it to an Atari Service centre 🤣 to get it done.

With regards to the Ultrasatan, although I don't have one, the same rules should apply, as long

as both devices have different ID's there really shouldn't be a problem. I maybe wrong, someone here

will know for sure, but I think the US can only be #0 or #1

Edited by TGB1718
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

With regards to the Ultrasatan, although I don't have one, the same rules should apply, as long

as both devices have different ID's there really shouldn't be a problem. I maybe wrong, someone here

will know for sure, but I think the US can only be #0 or #1

With the config tool from Lotharek site (or Jookies site) you should be able to set each SD to ID between 0-7. But they are preconfigured from "factory" as 0 and 1 as you mentioned above.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xlst said:

It think it should be capable to run more than one Megafile same time, because Megafile has slots for both, input and output. That should mean the option to connect more than one device.

Well yeah, that's what I said. Sorry if that wasn't clear.  :)