IGNORED

1027 UK power supply

hunmanik

What was the standard power supply unit used with the 1027 printer in the UK?

There's the C061636 (two versions) for 120V AC, and the C061605 for 220V AC, but I can't find an equivalent one for 240V AC for the UK.

Except for this page with a blurry picture of something but with almost the right description, is that it?

https://collections.museumsvictoria.com.au/items/406491

As I understand, you're looking for a PSU as a collector, not necessarily as a user. I don't know the answer (I suppose it's the same PSU as for a 1050) but a 1027 with an original printing hrad will print nothing nowadays. And it's head will be destroyed at an attempt. If you have one and want to keep it as a connectible item - don't even try.

2 hours ago, Peri Noid said:

I don't know the answer (I suppose it's the same PSU as for a 1050)

It requires a little more power than a 1050, service manual says 40 Watt PSU (about 4.4A @9VAC)

I don't think these sort of PSU's are readily available (certainly not in the UK) I know people

here have been struggling to get anything above 2.1A which is ok for a 400 or 800 but pushing it a bit

for a 1050, certainly no good for a printer. 

1 hour ago, TGB1718 said:

It requires a little more power than a 1050, service manual says 40 Watt PSU (about 4.4A @9VAC)

It's not that difficult if you know where to look. And you can find them in a ... guitar store. Guitar effect PSUs often give 9VAC output an you can find even 4A ones (https://taniestruny.pl/efekty-i-akcesoria/zasilacze/zasilacz-rockpower-9v-ac-4000-ma, only the plug must be changed). 3A are even easier to find. Appart from that, this PSU is extremally simple and one can make it himself, the only problem is an appropriate transformer.

• Like 1

If anyone realizes they have the original equipment 240V UK power supply unit for the 1027 in their closet, I hope they will consider sharing details and pictures of it here someday.  Seemingly most people trashed them when their 1027 became unusable.