IGNORED

Jinks

vanman

Wow. You haven't combed through the 7800 forum too well. Jinks, as far as i'm concerned, is just a notch above 'crap'. Everyone tends to hate the game universally, but I can still play it every once in a while. You have to move a paddle and hit a bouncing ball around each room. You can also flip the triangle shaped paddle over and bounce the ball at better angles, too. The thing is...... it's just not that interesting to play. It will only keep you occupied for a few minutes until you decide that maybe a Mythicon 2600 game might be more interesting to play. But there's an upside to the game; since hardly anyone likes the game, you can pick it up dirt cheap. Nobody's going to miss Jinks in their collection.

Jinks, as far as i'm concerned, is just a notch above 'crap'.

*ahem*..... you mean step BELOW...

:D

The best way to play Jinks is to plug it in, turn on the 7800, listen to the beginning music, and then shut the system off. I don't support self-induced torture.

But seriously, this game is pretty awful, as stated above. The colors stab you in the eyes, and the sound makes you wish you were deaf (of course, you soon will be when you hear the annoying 'bonk' noise about 1000 times...)

The gameplay itself is kind of pointless. The controls are somewhat awkward (to me anyway) and the ball just seems to go about everywhere except where you want it to. You'll find yourself constantly backtracking through levels, chasing the ball, because it hit THIS instead of THAT.

I'd recommend picking it up if it's really, really cheap. You at least have something to compare the rest of the 7800 games to anyway. :P

Everyone tends to hate the game universally, but I can still play it every once in a while.

I play it occasionally too. I think it gets beaten up a lot, but isn't as horrid as everyone says. It's not exactly a "stellar" game by any stretch, but I don't consider it to be an assault on the gameplayer like - say Karateka or Fight Night. And, anyone that can do digitized speech and music on the 7800 is ok in my books!

It's a fairly original game, unlike anything else I can think of really. It could have been good maybe, but the implementation is poor and you end up with a crap game.

I thought it looked good and it sounded like a great idea, I bought it cheap and didn't have much fun.