IGNORED

Okidata Microline 320 printer question

Hi, has anyone ever had/have or used an Okidata Microline 320 printer?   I connected it to my PC Jr, it turned on, and I was able to LPRINT to paper.  Next thing I know, many of the green panel lights start intermittently flashing, (like Merlin if you ever had that red game) and it shuts off and won't turn on.  Tried it in another outlet, no dice. I do detect a slight burning smell. Got nowhere with the Okidata support people either.

Wondering...

Do you think the power supply fried?  Is that even replaceable anymore and is that a fortune? Did its inner computer running the control panel freeze or fry? Does this printer have a simple fuse that might have blown and is a not-too-expensive fix?

Any information and/or experience you have had with this printer would be helpful and greatly appreciated.  I hate to just chuck it, as it was an awesome piece of gear and quite expensive.  But if her time has come....

Thanks in advance!

If you were able to get it to print, than it sound like something just happen to die in the printer when you used it.

It's pretty common with old monitors that haven't been used in years to work once, then have caps fail the next power cycle.

I don't know how old it is. They started making those in the mid 90s and I think they still make them today.

I get my load/ scale info printed on tri-carbon copy sheets. Heck, they windows 11 drivers!

Easiest thing is to pop it open and look for a blown fuse and/ or bulged caps.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/696368/Okidata-Microline-320.html

Yes I think you are right, it was like something just happened to die in the printer when I used it just that one time.  I didn't know that printers that haven't been used in years could suffer the same fate as monitors that haven't been used in years, interesting.

I'll think about doing what you said, take a look inside. Thank you very much for the link to the manual.