IGNORED

Atari800 PAK bad video output. Help needed.

SviRu

13 minutes ago, SviRu said:

YES! Incognito incoming this week :) Time to play some prince of persia at last.

Ah, so that is one game that won't run off incognito's loader unfortunately. (Well documented and also see the 2021 PoP thread on AA). 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SviRu said:

lol I hope you are kidding me :D

Alas no. I am not gonna repeat it all here because it's been covered several times. If you search the 2021 pop thread you'll see many discussions about getting the game running on different formats, etc, etc. It's all there. 

What you can do is burn the game to a Maxflash 8mbit.(1mb) cart, or if you have side3 you can run it off that as I've gotten my side3 cart to run on my Incognito'd 800. Also you can run it off sio2pc plus you can also run it off actual floppy disks. 

Check out the 2021 Pop thread as I say as no one wishes to repeat it all as you'll appreciate. 

Also make sure you do your research re incognito. It's a fantastic upgrade for your 800 but remember it came out over 10 years ago and runs a Side2 loader so no rom/car mounting functionality. Just atr and xex. I say 'just' but that still means you can run most software as 99% of titles can come in those two formats. 

I play many xex and atr games and demos off my Incognito'd 800 and I love it. Amazing upgrade. 

Edited by Beeblebrox

47 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Alas no. I am not gonna repeat it all here because it's been covered several times. If you search the 2021 pop thread you'll see many discussions about getting the game running on different formats, etc, etc. It's all there. 

What you can do is burn the game to a Maxflash 8mbit.(1mb) cart, or if you have side3 you can run it off that as I've gotten my side3 cart to run on my Incognito'd 800. Also you can run it off sio2pc plus you can also run it off actual floppy disks. 

Check out the 2021 Pop thread as I say as no one wishes to repeat it all as you'll appreciate. 

Also make sure you do your research re incognito. It's a fantastic upgrade for your 800 but remember it came out over 10 years ago and runs a Side2 loader so no rom/car mounting functionality. Just atr and xex. I say 'just' but that still means you can run most software as 99% of titles can come in those two formats. 

I play many xex and atr games and demos off my Incognito'd 800 and I love it. Amazing upgrade. 

Thanks. I have sio2pc. So problem solved. 99% seems fine to me ;)

• Like 1