IGNORED

Tell us about what you played on the Switch today

newtmonkey

On 8/16/2024 at 6:58 AM, newtmonkey said:

Octopath Traveler

I cleared the first chapters for all eight characters.  The game does become more enjoyable once you've unlocked all the characters and have acquired some abilities for each character... but the game is still basically the same thing, over and over, 32 times.  Every single main quest so far has been the same thing: go to the cave/sewer next to the town, fight 4 or 5 random battles while collecting 4 or 5 chests (all containing healing berries and other trash), and then fight the boss and his two minions.  It's like they came up with this fun 20-30 minute gameplay loop, implemented it for each character... and then realized the game would last only 10 hours max, so then copy and pasted it 24 more times.

The game is structured so that each round of chapters has a much higher recommended level, so it seems that you really do need to complete each chapter for each and every character in order to level up enough to survive the next round of chapters.  That sounds very tedious, so I'll probably take a break from this one for a while and play something else.

Having finished both games in the series, I found that I liked the second one better; it seems like it's a longer game, too.

Lately I've been playing Castlevania: Dominus Collection and Peglin.  C:DC is a great collection and Peglin is a very welcome surprise 'fun play'.

• Like 2