IGNORED

NES Pokemon

@neogeo1982

Wha....wow where'd you find this?  I mean I know of the pokemon yellow port, but I have never seen THAT before.  Where and what did that cost you?  I've been tempted to dabble with this one and that strange FF7 conversion as well china did too.

I found this on YT, a few years old, dude just says ebay (yeah, no help)

Also the untranslated source: https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Lei_Dian_Huang_Bi_Ka_Qiu_Chuan_Shuo

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

https://thisroomisanillusion.com/

@Tanooki

Also an eBay presence under the same name. Ebay offers less game wise than the actual site, more comicbooks than anything. The FF7 package is very nice. He also carries many multi carts but you have to ask for those, they are not listed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

This maybe something to snap up while it lasts.

I didn't realize he has Steins Gate 8-bit now. I like that box he made for it. The TMNT compilation is tempting too. All of them on 1 cart that's just the turtles. That art from the first comic book looks really cool as box art for it. I did ask initially about Pokemon being sealed when I got it, if it's something very limited I should open or not. He indicated he had only made 30 of them and its taken quite awhile to sell through them. 

I missed the boat with Timewalk Games Zelda boxings of hacked games. Those packages were nice too and are way too expensive to acquire now. Or the ClarkyCreations packages. But I think those were way too expensive to start with and are just crazy now.

6 minutes ago, neogeo1982 said:

I didn't realize he has Steins Gate 8-bit now. I like that box he made for it. The TMNT compilation is tempting too. All of them on 1 cart that's just the turtles. That art from the first comic book looks really cool as box art for it. I did ask initially about Pokemon being sealed when I got it, if it's something very limited I should open or not. He indicated he had only made 30 of them and its taken quite awhile to sell through them. 

I missed the boat with Timewalk Games Zelda boxings of hacked games. Those packages were nice too and are way too expensive to acquire now. Or the ClarkyCreations packages. But I think those were way too expensive to start with and are just crazy now.

Wow only 30?  No one else seems to make the things other than one off if you know someone (like I did for Sim City Famicom/NES) or some flimsy ko from aliexpress.  I like the look of the TMNT art too, great stuff, but it's redundant having those carts.  I do like that the Pokemon game is Yellow reimagined from GBA FireRed/LeafGreen and yet further tweaked and changed in ways that doesn't feel like a broken cheap hack which in itself for a china release pirate job is rare.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/13/2024 at 2:27 PM, chimpPimp said:

is there anyway to still buy this nes port of pokemon yellow? 

I would recommend going to his eBay store for thisroomisanillusion and message him directly if he has any available for the exact one I pictured, his website doesn't seem to list much of anything right now. Really just the Steins Gate is worth getting off there. Otherwise there are several Pokemon Nes on eBay for ~100 right now that are similar.