IGNORED

SIDE3 and ICD MIO Trouble

pixelmischief

54 minutes ago, pixelmischief said:

The SIDE3 and MIO simply will not work together.  The system doesn't even boot.  The SIDE2 worked quite nicely.  Is this just a necessary compromise to get better goodies from the SIDE3 or is there a potential workaround?

I had problems going from the SIDE2 to the SIDE3 as well.  I do have the U1MB/SIDE3/MIO working together but in my case there's a few gotchas - like I have trouble with the SIDE Loader.  I've had lengthy discussions with both Lotharek and SJC about it, and it seems to come down to a) potential issues with my particular 800XL and/or b) lots of unknowns about the MIO when used with the U1MB/SIDE3.  I've got my setup fairly stable but yes the SIDE2 worked perfectly compared to what I see with the SIDE3 (of course there are additional features on the 3 that didn't exist on the 2, so there's that).

My system will boot but it's very particular about which PBI device the cart is set to (try them all).  Happy to troubleshoot with you to see if you can get it up and running.  What kind of machine are you using?