IGNORED

Another eye-melting SNES mockup

2 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

By the way, I didn't bother making a mockup of this, but I was thinking earlier today how it would actually be pretty plausible to combine something like you can see in this Mode 0 2bpp mockup:

With the 8bpp images seen in this mockup:

You can basically just imagine only the 2bpp foreground layer in the second example still being there and taking up the top third and bottom third of the screen, with some smaller 8bpp images on a wall in the background layer, and part of that background layer also using a bunch of 2bpp tiles in between and around the images too.

And, because more than two thirds of the entire screen would be using 2bpp tiles--I'm thinking you could be running in Mode 0 at the top, switch to Mode 4 in the middle, and then switch to Mode 0 again at the bottom--I think this would fit within VRAM with not too much hassle, while allowing use of some lovely 8bpp images in that background layer plus some nice parallax and a foreground layer that imo really doesn't come across as being 2bpp to a casual eye. And you could even still have the lighting effect and shadows in an example like this too.

Now, could almost the same thing be done in various other ways--yes. Does that represent using the SNES' 8bpp visuals during actual gameplay, no. And, in case it's not patently obvious here, I'm just trying to think of some ways to use the SNES 8bpp visuals beyond the typical title screen.

So, going with that general idea and really polishing it, I think a very nice level could be done with that, which is just another thing for someone so inclined to think about in terms of using the SNES' 8bpp visuals in an actual gameplay level in one way or another. :)

Mixing modes is always a fun thought. Mode 0 and the 8bpp modes, say maybe 3, can be useful in the way you describe with lots of parallax pillars at the top and bottom, with 8bpp paintings in the middle, (and keeping vram in mind, of course). Funny thing is I originally remembered to come back to Atari Age because I had a mode 0 idea I'd do for Snes that my friend thought of, and I wanted to share it in that mode 0 thread... well, I guess I will post about it here later, as I'm pooped for today.

Though I definitely want to do a mode 7 Mecha Arena pvp game (think VOTOMS on SuperFamicom) with that wifi module that's being worked on (and apparently has a PvSnesLib implementation too!). We're big Armored Core fans, and I'd love to leverage there 3D renders with some funding. And yes, I admit the Snes controller shoulder thangs works to this gameplay style... Though as soon as I can get my hands dirty in development I can say with better confidence on what surprises I'd like to share 😆

Edit: @Tanooki I originally left because I kinda felt I started to  hijack this place with game dev discussion when I realized this was more originally a general snes subforum for all enthusiasts. (Like the "top 10 Snes games" thread seems like the kind of fun to be had here). There is however a homebrew subforum here... hmmm 🤔

Edited by JurassicDope
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

What I personally believe we need to keep repeating in the back of our minds every time one of our masters speaks is where are any SNES-related games, demos, tools, developer guides, even fan sites, YouTube videos, or whatever SNES-relevant content [that's actually posted in here] created by certain people who have positioned themselves as authorities on everything that is and is not allowed to be considered as valid contributions or even discussed in relation to SNES development in this SNES sub-forum. . . .

You keep saying that, "certain people who have positioned themselves as authorities blah blah blah". No one has done that. Anyone who has commented on the validity of your mock ups are ACTUAL authorities, in that they've actually programmed homebrew on hardware unlike you. Everyone else? They're just sick of your attitude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Again people, start reporting him every time he lies and lashes out, it won't last.

@JurassicDope  That's one thing I've thought of all along.  Why are his posts not being moved into the homebrew area??  If he thinks this stuff is doable projects, he wants to see these things happen, wants to find people to code them for him, then he needs to be in the homebrew area where home projects are brewed up as proof of concept if not full on productions.

Staff please move all his posts to the homebrew area. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JurassicDope said:

Mixing modes is always a fun thought. Mode 0 and the 8bpp modes, say maybe 3, can be useful in the way you describe with lots of parallax pillars at the top and bottom, with 8bpp paintings in the middle, (and keeping vram in mind, of course). Funny thing is I originally remembered to come back to Atari Age because I had a mode 0 idea I'd do for Snes that my friend thought of, and I wanted to share it in that mode 0 thread... well, I guess I will post about it here later, as I'm pooped for today.

I think the issue with Krik's idea of mode 0 is his use of limited colors paired with trying to distract from it (hide it) with transparencies and such (his shmup levels/mockup.. especially the "ice level". But some of his mode 0 demos are straight up ugly in color usage - like his "9 boss" mockup). He wants all the parallax, but desperately wants to hide the color limitations that come along with it. I mean, the idea is sound. It's the premise of all graphic tricks; to disguise the limitations of the effects. But trying to stretch mode 0 into an entire level? That's a tall order. From what he was able to come up with, it didn't meet expectations IMO. I'm not saying it's impossible - just mostly improbable. You need a really capable artist, with good technical skills as well. That, all against what the SNES is already capable of.. especially when color fidelity (detail) being orders of magnitude less in mode 0, you need a really good reason to use it. I doubt many want to put in that kind of effort. We'll see who picks up that challenge 😁

Otherwise, yeah I see mode 0 more of a "compliment" to other modes as its base use case; it's useful for some parts mid screen. But I mean that's pretty much a given (and a couple of games do IIRC). And I guess more expanded/fleshed out with actual full screen use here-and-there as small "transitional" parts in a stage - but don't give the gamer long enough to scrutinize it haha.

Mode 3/4 8bpp modes are useful too. I think throwing up hi-color "digitized" screens are kinda boring - scrolling or not (even for my own demos that do this on PCE, but those are done for research in understanding how pixels blend in hi-res mode and how the color looks), but maybe a giant face or whatever for a boss in a shmup or platformer. You know, something that's large enough but doesn't make you sacrifice your entire vram usage haha (and this is how I plan to use hi-res/hi-color mode on the PCE too because it 1:1 has the same space requirement as snes 8bpp graphics). But it's the same as with mode 0 though, using 8bpp REALLY has to be pronounced.. it has to look above and beyond what 4bpp can do. Not just a little.. but seriously above and beyond night-and-day difference. 

For the record I'm no stranger to using 2bpp graphics with expanded palettes. I've adapted some Amiga style tricks of (ab)using hardware planar graphics for overlapping animating pixels for layers (parallax), using color reloading down the screen, and even transparency effects... all on the PCE for its planar tiles. SNES has the exact same planar format of PCE for tiles, so a lot of those same tricks can be ported over to the SNES. I'd like to see more exploration in that, to get more complex transparency effects that are not possible on the SNES and/or additional parallax effects (without having to drop down into mode 0), on the SNES. Mode 0 and 8bpp modes are interesting, but IMO they're much more corner/edge use-case scenarios. I'd go so far as to say 8bpp mode for large enemies or boss is more practical and useful than mode 0 as a mid-screen effect. But planar graphic manipulation doesn't force a huge restriction on color usage (mode 0) or dramatically eat your vram (8bpp modes), but it does give you some additional capabilities not possible on the snes. AFAIK planar plane manipulation isn't an area anyone is currently touching on for the SNES (SA chip would be great for this too).

Edited by turboxray
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, JurassicDope said:

Though I definitely want to do a mode 7 Mecha Arena pvp game (think VOTOMS on SuperFamicom) with that wifi module that's being worked on (and apparently has a PvSnesLib implementation too!). We're big Armored Core fans, and I'd love to leverage there 3D renders with some funding. And yes, I admit the Snes controller shoulder thangs works to this gameplay style... Though as soon as I can get my hands dirty in development I can say with better confidence on what surprises I'd like to share 😆

Edit: @Tanooki I originally left because I kinda felt I started to  hijack this place with game dev discussion when I realized this was more originally a general snes subforum for all enthusiasts. (Like the "top 10 Snes games" thread seems like the kind of fun to be had here). There is however a homebrew subforum here... hmmm 🤔

Some great ideas there. Thanks for sharing them, genuinely. I'd personally love to see any stuff you create for SNES in the future in here or wherever you choose to post it. :)

And, honestly, don't let anyone or anything make you feel like you can't post something related to SNES in this specific SNES sub-forum. If people think you are hijacking the sub-forum with development stuff and they don't like that, the option is right there built into the forum for them to ignore that specific thread and/or any related comments. But you don't have to be silenced just for them, especially when there are very much some people in here who have literally zero problem with you posting that kind of thing and would actually love to see a whole lot more of it and don't feel it has to specifically be sectioned off in some generic mixed-system development section to be honest.

If this SNES-specific sub-forum can't be welcoming and accommodating of both general SNES-specific enthusiasts and hardcore SNES-specific game developers, and whatever other authentic SNES-specific fan discussion about the system in the way that makes the people posting specifically about SNES happy, maybe there's a bigger issue there, because, again, options exist for every individual to taylor their own personal viewing experience.

Anyone who at any point complains if you post some legitimate SNES-related content in the SNES sub-forum, yet they aren't themselves selecting the built-in option to literally ignore it if they don't want to see that kind of post/comment, I personally think they are creating their problems and then just projecting.

But, hey, I think you and anyone else can and should be allowed to post whenever and wherever you feel most comfortable to, so long as it basically fits the sub-forum name, which anything authentic about SNES fits in here imo. I'm just speaking my mind on it and won't say anything else on it. :)

Edited by Kirk_Johnston
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Some great ideas there. Thanks for sharing them, genuinely. I'd personally love to see any stuff you create for SNES in the future in here or wherever you choose to post it. :)

And, honestly, don't let anyone or anything make you feel like you can't post something related to SNES in this specific SNES sub-forum. If people think you are hijacking the sub-forum with development stuff and they don't like that, the option is right there built into the forum for them to ignore that specific thread and/or any related comments. But you don't have to be silenced just for them, especially when there are very much some people in here who have literally zero problem with you posting that kind of thing and would actually love to see a whole lot more of it and don't feel it has to specifically be sectioned off in some generic mixed-system development section to be honest.

If this SNES-specific sub-forum can't be welcoming and accommodating of both general SNES-specific enthusiasts and hardcore SNES-specific game developers, and whatever other authentic SNES-specific fan discussion about the system in the way that makes the people posting specifically about SNES happy, maybe there's a bigger issue there, because, again, options exist for every individual to taylor their own personal viewing experience.

Anyone who at any point complains if you post some legitimate SNES-related content in the SNES sub-forum, yet they aren't themselves selecting the built-in option to literally ignore it if they don't want to see that kind of post/comment, I personally think they are creating their problems and then just projecting.

But, hey, I think you and anyone else can and should be allowed to post whenever you feel most comfortable to, so long as it basically fits the sub-forum name, which anything authentic about SNES fits in here imo. I'm just speaking my mind on it and won't say anything else on it. :)

Agreed.  It's not like we're starting threads about stuff that isn't SNES related in here.  Clearly hijackers projecting and trying to control us, then complaining when we block their sour posts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JurassicDope said:

Mixing modes is always a fun thought.

Yeah, I mean, just to use an example of some lovely visuals I saw recently to paint a picture here: 

You could basically do all the overlapping layers of clouds in the later part of that clip on SNES in Mode 0, switching layer priorities down the screen and with a bit of row/line scrolling to achieve the effect. And then you'd still have two entire background layers left to put two giant bosses on the screen at the same time, with some decent animation due to the fact they're in 2bpp so the SNES can switch in way more tiles than in its typucal 4bpp mode, plus still have every single sprite available too for say the player ship, all its bullets, maybe a third giant boss, its bullets and whatever.

And, with the ability to switch background modes, you could even have say the first two rows of tiles in normal Mode 1 and possibly even Mode 3/4 just so you can have a full-colour properly-overlapping with full transparent sections HUD there too, rather than a HUD stuck in a big opaque bar, and maybe switch again down at the bottom of the screen to put a row or two with higher colour cloud tiles just to help sell the illusion that the whole thing isn't basically running in "NES" mode.

I mean, my Mode 0 shmup does the cloud thing you see above and in the likes of Thunder Force IV and actually more at the top part of the level, because I also have transparency and more real overlapping layers at once in places, but my art is just a lot more subtle so it doesn't show off quite so obviously the impressiveness of what the system can do there (that's an art problem, not a tech problem):

And, to be clear, I'm not doing anything of note with the sprites there in my shump just now either and could obviously push a crap-load of them around on-screen if I ever get around to working on it properly, just like we can see in the SlowROM Rendering Ranger--pretending for a moment a very talented programmer was actually working with me on my game to help achieve all this on SNES:

It's just random ideas I'm throwing out there in the SNES sub-forum for people to think about--or ignore and ignore if they don't want to see it. :)

PS. That cloud level of the Genesis shmup looks lovely by the way, hence it getting my attention. :)

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

You could basically do all the overlapping layers of clouds in the later part of that clip on SNES in Mode 0, switching layer priorities down the screen and with a bit of row/line scrolling to achieve the effect. And then you'd still have two entire background layers left to put two giant bosses on the screen at the same time, with some decent animation due to the fact they're in 2bpp so the SNES can switch in way more tiles than in its typucal 4bpp mode, plus still have every single sprite available too for say the player ship, all its bullets, maybe a third giant boss, its bullets and whatever.

Why would you need to do it that way? If the Genesis can pull it off with 2 layers clearly the SNES shouldn't need 4 low color layers to do it. Why would you need 2-3 giant bosses from a game design standpoint? There's a reason why most shmups don't do that. It makes the screen too crowded and gives the player too much to focus on resulting in a lot of cheap deaths. And on SNES you only have 256 Pixels of horizontal resolution. That's going to be extremely cramped if you throw 2-3 "huge" bosses on it. This is again one of the big issues you keep tripping up on. You're thinking more about "how can I one-up the Genesis?" instead of "What's a cool game I can make that works within the limits of the SNES." You're coming up with derpy tech demos instead of fun game ideas.

And, with the ability to switch background modes, you could even have say the first two rows of tiles in normal Mode 1 and possibly even Mode 3/4 just so you can have a full-colour properly-overlapping with full transparent sections HUD there too, rather than a HUD stuck in a big opaque bar, and maybe switch again down at the bottom of the screen to put a row or two with higher colour cloud tiles just to help sell the illusion that the whole thing isn't basically running in "NES" mode.

Again if Genesis can pull it off with two layers, you could easily just use Mode 1 and do the same thing the Genesis is doing while still having a layer for your HUD. No need for Mode 0, Mode switching, high color tiles to hide low color ones, etc. And for what it's worth Genesis could do a HUD without the black bars too, though it would require sprites to do it most likely. Hence why the window is being used as it just makes things easier and still works fine, especially if the art design works and makes it feel like it's the ships controls or something.

I mean, my Mode 0 shmup does the cloud thing you see above and in the likes of Thunder Force IV and actually more at the top part of the level, because I also have transparency and more real overlapping layers at once in places, but my art is just a lot more subtle so it doesn't show off quite so obviously the impressiveness of what the system can do there (that's an art problem, not a tech problem):

The main issue with this is again you're more focused on tech flexing rather than making something that looks good or correct. Using transparency like that your clouds no longer look like clouds. They look like smoke or gas or something like that. Thick fluffy clouds like what you're trying to convey and what's in Thunder Force IV aren't transparent like that in real life. They're opaque. It's why they cast shadows on the ground, it's why it gets darker when a storm rolls in, it's why you can't see planes that fly above them and why if you're in said plane you can't see the ground below. So as a result you have something that just looks weird and off. If you were to make it look more realistic and accurate you would again probably be able to do it with less layers. Heck I showed you how to break it down and do it with just 2 layers on the Genesis a while ago.

And, to be clear, I'm not doing anything of note with the sprites there in my shump just now either and could obviously push a crap-load of them around on-screen if I ever get around to working on it properly, just like we can see in the SlowROM Rendering Ranger--pretending for a moment a very talented programmer was actually working with me on my game to help achieve all this on SNES:

While it's a lot of sprites they're all the same thing from what I can tell. It's not just about how many sprites you throw on screen. Having good variety, animations, enemy types, etc. is also important. So looking at the Thunder Force games for example, they may not have as many small rocks for you to shoot, but you do have more enemy types flying and shooting at you at a given time. They're also more animated. Then you have more interesting weapons like the Hunter shot flying all over the place. Not saying the SNES can't do that too, it did have a port of Thunder Force III after all. I'm just pointing out that there's more to it than just throwing a bunch of sprites on screen if you want it to be a fun game that also looks nice.

5 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

PS. That cloud level of the Genesis shmup looks lovely by the way, hence it getting my attention. :)

The only reason it's getting your attention is because it makes you feel insecure about the console you chose as a child. That's why you're talking about it. That's why you're shitting on it like you do every other Genesis homebrew project that gets announced.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

It's just random ideas I'm throwing out there in the SNES sub-forum for people to think about--or ignore and ignore if they don't want to see it. :)

Every time I see him post smiley faces, this is what I imagine hahah

7go1ZueBvvhA.png

Because it's true.

Sure. It has nothing to do with some console-war drivel about trying to 1-up other peoples' work on another console, right? Nothing to do with the overwhelming attention the indie MD/Gen game is getting? I dunno... if you gotta make a "PS" addendum clarifying you're not doing what you're known for.. well, that kinda speaks for itself. The smiley face is the perfect touch - no one will be the wiser. Pure genius.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Anyone of you ever write SNES games and pretty much used all graphics modes, in commercial games?  No?  

I'll rephrase it, armchair expert arguments lead to nothing but someone crying in their pillow, torture of small animals, bullying to death threats (mostly empty) and mental instability.  All because you CAN'T be right.

Is that worth all that wasted time on walls of text, that you could be spending, writing code?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Anyone of you ever write SNES games and pretty much used all graphics modes, in commercial games?  No?  

I'll rephrase it, armchair expert arguments lead to nothing but someone crying in their pillow, torture of small animals, bullying to death threats (mostly empty) and mental instability.  All because you CAN'T be right.

Is that worth all that wasted time on walls of text, that you could be spending, writing code?

Hey, even though that applies to me too, LOL, I one bazillion percent agree with you.

Note: I highlighted one part. I hope that's acceptable and indeed understandable why I did so here in the SNES sub-forum.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

48 minutes ago, CPUWIZ said:

Not SNES stuff, but I am currently working on reverse engineering the name entry screen for Saturn Soul Hackers so I can rework it to use 1 Byte ASCII characters instead of the 2-Byte Japanese characters so it works better for the translation patch I'm working on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Hey, even though that applies to me too, LOL, I one bazillion percent agree with you.

???

10 hours ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

Agreed.  It's not like we're starting threads about stuff that isn't SNES related in here.  Clearly hijackers projecting and trying to control us, then complaining when we block their sour posts.

???????

• Like 1

Something else to consider with an example like my eye-melting SNES mockup:

If you need a reminder of how I would probably go about doing most of it:

https://inceptionalnews.wordpress.com/2023/09/09/how-my-eye-melting-snes-mockup-could-be-done/

You can see that three of the large Goomas in the background there only use a fraction of the full background layers area that's available to them, which, even though it's still beyond, sets up the potential that you could maybe just use sprites to do some of them on some other systems of that era to get kinda close to the overall result. So, just to double down on the idea that this is supposed to demonstrate just how much crap you can throw around on-screen on SNES specifically at once by using things like Mode 0, colour window/shape masks, [not quite yet] all the sprites, etc, I'll just post a variation of the large Goomba below that does nothing more than take up a bit more of the background layers' visible area on-screen (which you could do for all three of the large Goomas, and quite possibly even in some way for the large Goomba done with the window/shape masks too):

2largeGoombas.png.d3e391cd42adb004500b11e3c237992d.png

Or this with row scrolling applied to make all those flying dudes fly across the screen at different speeds based on their vertical position (and those flying enemies would be on all three layers, more or less of them, in different positions, maybe some enemy variations, etc):

1largeGoombaandlotsofflyingdudes.png.edfbf9681de8818c5d64d0fd819bf5eb.png

Or whatever variation, alternative, idea you can imagine. . . .

And you could also mix that with mode switching, have more variation in the enemy designs, use up more colours on each background layer, have far more colours on all of the sprites, etc. . . .

Again, just sharing something to show how you can really make the SNES look like it can put a whole load of stuff on-screen there. Is this example at all nice to look at--nope. Will half of the stuff on-screen be blocking half of the other stuff much of the time--no doubt about it. Is that the point of the example--nope. Lol

What could this kind of stuff even be used for--whatever each person authentically thinking about doing some random thing on SNES wants to do with it, or nothing at all if they don't want to do anything with it or actually aren't really interested in doing anything on SNES for whatever reason. :)

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

19 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

It's worth pointing out too, CPUWIZ that there has never been a Mode 6 snes game. 

Yeah, this is something I'd kinda be interested to see. Not necessarily a whole game even, but just some cool use of the mode. I've already proposed my Matrix scroll boss idea somewhere before--there's more to it than just the scrolling letters. I think it would be very cool to see some creative people come up with novel ways to use it.

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

13 minutes ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Yeah, this is something I'd kinda be interested to see. Not necessarily a whole game even, but just some cool use of the mode. I've already proposed my Matrix scroll boss idea somewhere before--there's more to it than just the scrolling letters. I think it would be very cool to see some creative people come up with novel ways to use it.

Yeah, just letting people know that it exists and what it's capable of, kind of like the work you've done with Mode 0.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jeffythedragonslayer said:

Yeah, just letting people know that it exists and what it's capable of, kind of like the work you've done with Mode 0.

Exactly, and well worth pointing out. :)

Thinking about and talking about these kinds of things on SNES and how they might be used is more than worthwhile imo. I mean, a single developer in the history of SNES used the 512x448i mode back in the day during actual gameplay for example--let's just speculate for now that this was because everyone else dismissed it or just did the same thing that most other people did almost out of habit and/or because it generally worked just fine and dandy as is so why even bother trying something different--and yet we've all seen the recent sneak peak at the upcoming shmup that takes full advantage of the mode that shows off just what's possible there.

Just imagine the kind of stuff we could have seen on SNES in the '90s if more developers had been a little bit more crazy and operating outside of the box back in the day, we could have had twenty companies like Rare rather than basically one Rare doing stuff on the system that at times was so mind boggling it even convinced some people they were seeing something from a 32-bit console upon first reveal, when it was just the little old SNES and Donkey Kong Country. And all that potential is still there now too as far as I'm concerned.

For people who are genuinely interested in working on new SNES content, I think it's very interesting to ponder how to use all its features in modern times, especially the stuff that is unique to it in particular out of all the systems from that generation. They don't have to, but it's also totally fine to do so if they want to. So I'm more than happy to think, propose, and talk about the SNES similarly in the SNES sub-forum. :)

Edited by Kirk_Johnston

3 hours ago, Kirk_Johnston said:

Something else to consider with an example like my eye-melting SNES mockup:

If you need a reminder of how I would probably go about doing most of it:

https://inceptionalnews.wordpress.com/2023/09/09/how-my-eye-melting-snes-mockup-could-be-done/

You can see that three of the large Goomas in the background there only use a fraction of the full background layers area that's available to them, which, even though it's still beyond, sets up the potential that you could maybe just use sprites to do some of them on some other systems of that era to get kinda close to the overall result. So, just to double down on the idea that this is supposed to demonstrate just how much crap you can throw around on-screen on SNES specifically at once by using things like Mode 0, colour window/shape masks, [not quite yet] all the sprites, etc, I'll just post a variation of the large Goomba below that does nothing more than take up a bit more of the background layers' visible area on-screen (which you could do for all three of the large Goomas, and quite possibly even in some way for the large Goomba done with the window/shape masks too):

2largeGoombas.png.d3e391cd42adb004500b11e3c237992d.png

Or this with row scrolling applied to make all those flying dudes fly across the screen at different speeds based on their vertical position (and those flying enemies would be on all three layers, more or less of them, in different positions, maybe some enemy variations, etc):

1largeGoombaandlotsofflyingdudes.png.edfbf9681de8818c5d64d0fd819bf5eb.png

Or whatever variation, alternative, idea you can imagine. . . .

And you could also mix that with mode switching, have more variation in the enemy designs, use up more colours on each background layer, have far more colours on all of the sprites, etc. . . .

Again, just sharing something to show how you can really make the SNES look like it can put a whole load of stuff on-screen there. Is this example at all nice to look at--nope. Will half of the stuff on-screen be blocking half of the other stuff much of the time--no doubt about it. Is that the point of the example--nope. Lol

What could this kind of stuff even be used for--whatever each person authentically thinking about doing some random thing on SNES wants to do with it, or nothing at all if they don't want to do anything with it or actually aren't really interested in doing anything on SNES for whatever reason. :)

Why don't you prove you can even do one of those large Goomba's with the window layer like your describing before claiming you can do 3. Because until you prove otherwise, I'm pretty sure the hardware flat out doesn't work the way you think it does to allow for doing that.

Edited by TrekkiesUnite118
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1