IGNORED

Harmony Encore wont play Gorf Arcade

JOD-I

I have the full rom of Gorf Arcade and it will not run on my new Encore cartridge.  I tried to update it even though it came with the current updates.  It runs most roms fine but some of my champ games roms are not running properly or at all.  I have tried this cart in 2 of my 7800 consoles and my 2600 console.  All are the same.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying out Gorf Arcade Demo on a Harmony Cart via Intellivision System Changer, and it works, but the "Quark Laser" function where the fire button releases a new shot but destroys the first isn't working. An earlier demo I had with fewer sound effects did have this function. Does the full game work like the arcade?

On 9/15/2023 at 5:20 PM, H454 said:

The new Harmony carts have a new chips. A small number of roms may need to moded to work on the new cart.

Yep, in around late 2021, I began using chips with a different silicon revision.

Recently, I was able to obtain chips of the silicon revision I was using before 2021, so I am now using these pre-2021 chips exclusively for Harmony Encore. The pre-2021 chips should run either version of the games.

For now, Standard Harmony carts may still use the post-2021 chips.

23 hours ago, batari said:

Yep, in around late 2021, I began using chips with a different silicon revision.

Recently, I was able to obtain chips of the silicon revision I was using before 2021, so I am now using these pre-2021 chips exclusively for Harmony Encore. The pre-2021 chips should run either version of the games.

I own one of these "different silicon revision" chip cards and can not play the  pal rom of Qyx on my pal systems.

When I order another harmony encore card, do I get the "old" chip?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 5:06 AM, batari said:

Just wanted to confirm, if I buy a Harmony Encore today, the chip inside will be the pre-2021 one? 

Then I am also wondering if MY Encore has a post-2021 ship in it too, that could explain the most recent wrath of issues I am having with Chaotic Grill that started yesterday after it was working previously in it as well as my older Encore cart as well as my Flashback 9, cause it sure as hell couldn't be the ROM itself

Edited by BIGHMW