IGNORED

Save game feature

Clock

Are there any released Lynx games with a game save feature?

I know a lot use the level code aka chips challenge, Gates of zendecon etc etc but were any released with a save game feature?

I understand that Karri is planning to include one on his forthcoming title (hell it's sure going to need it) and I imagine eye of the beholder would have had such a feature.... This suggests to me that a save feature is perfectly feasible.

A close look at the sources show that the EEPROM code has been created by Harry and Bastian. Both have added comments to the code.

That explains why S.I.M.I.S. and perhaps some of Harrys games may have save game features.

The EEPROM chip that they chose to support needs only 1 wire for sending data to/from the chip. So it takes a while to read or write a word. The memory size is 64 slots of 16 bits each.

In Stardreamer I chose to use 16 slots for saving the game status.

--

Cheers,

Karri

A close look at the sources show that the EEPROM code has been created by Harry and Bastian. Both have added comments to the code.

That explains why S.I.M.I.S. and perhaps some of Harrys games may have save game features.

The EEPROM chip that they chose to support needs only 1 wire for sending data to/from the chip. So it takes a while to read or write a word. The memory size is 64 slots of 16 bits each.

In Stardreamer I chose to use 16 slots for saving the game status.

--

Cheers,

Karri

Bastian wrote the EEPROM code, I optimized it, added the wait loop (I had slower EEPROMs than Bastian did) and commented it (in English :D )

As far as Eye of the Beholder, it uses a different type of EEPROM for 8K bytes that is accessed almost like RAM.

Harry