IGNORED

Is this an original Happy mod?

macsonny

Interesting little find today. I purchased a "not working" 1050 drive on the weekend that just arrived. I haven't powered it up as the sticker on the top said "Drive doesn't sting" and "Drive not recognised". Opened it up and once removing the EMI shielding saw a large circuit card floating about. It wasn't connected to the main board. Inspection suggests it's a Happy mod but wanted to get some opinions.

There is also a mod board on the front panel with a few LEDs and switch per attached photos.

I've re-seated the mod board and will test later tonight but wondering what others think this is?

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3425.jpeg

51 minutes ago, macsonny said:

Interesting little find today. I purchased a "not working" 1050 drive on the weekend that just arrived. I haven't powered it up as the sticker on the top said "Drive doesn't sting" and "Drive not recognised". Opened it up and once removing the EMI shielding saw a large circuit card floating about. It wasn't connected to the main board. Inspection suggests it's a Happy mod but wanted to get some opinions.

There is also a mod board on the front panel with a few LEDs and switch per attached photos.

I've re-seated the mod board and will test later tonight but wondering what others think this is?

IMG_3423.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3425.jpeg

Confirmed for myself it's a Happy mod and reead/write control board. Very cool!

10 hours ago, macsonny said:

Confirmed for myself it's a Happy mod and reead/write control board. Very cool!

It is an original Happy PCB, but pretty sure the controller PCB is third party, I have 3 original Happy 1050 PCBs complete with controller.

Images of original controller PCB in linked thread: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/276627-1050-happy-controller-board-pics/